Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lose IP after TL Update
Operating Systems AIX Lose IP after TL Update Post 302841773 by firefox111 on Thursday 8th of August 2013 02:26:09 AM
Old 08-08-2013
Lose IP after TL Update

Hi,

sometimes when do TL Updates on AIX machines i loose the IP's. For example I lately updated two machines from 6.1 TL4 and 6.1 TL1 to TL8SP2, they both lost their ip's, when I connect to the console and do smit tcpip all information is still there, i just have to confirm with return and everything is fine..

This does not happen on all systems where I do the update, only on some. I have no clue when it happens. Does anybody know this behaviour and knows the why and when this happens?

Regards, FF

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Will I lose drivers while upgrading to ten?

I'm running Solaris 8 with a box I just got and it has a VGA connection. Will I lose the VGA driver while upgrading to 10? I don't have a Sun Monitor so if so I'll be screwed. Tia (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to lose XP & Install Suse 10.1

Hello, I bought a second pc to install Suse 10.1 on. It came with Xp pro installed on it. I downloaded Suse 10.1, burned 5 CD's, changed bios to boot from the cdrom, restart the pc & Xp loads. Any suggestions? Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does a variable lose its value outside the loop in shell script?

hi, when we assign a variable inside a for loop or while loop in a shell script, does it loses its value after comming out of the loop. i am facing this issue. can anyone help me?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX with 2 Net Interfaces lose connectivity

hi guys We have a AIX Server with TSM installed. This server has en0 for administration purposes and we have en1 for backup stuff. en0 subnet 10.10.10.x en1 subnet 10.10.20.x The issue we are having is all of a sudden the LPARs we are backing up lose connectivity to the AIX-TSM Server.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
23 Replies

5. AIX

Lose default gateway

hello iv 2 AIX P720 machine aix 6.1 6100-02-03-0909 both , hacmp ver 6.1.0.0 both machine connect to the same switch. after networking fault , one of the machines lost his default gateway !!! what can be the reason ? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
4 Replies
CONSOLEFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      CONSOLEFS(4)

NAME
consolefs, C - file system for console access SYNOPSIS
aux/consolefs name dev [ name dev ... ] C system DESCRIPTION
To ease administration of multiple machines one might attach many serial console lines to a single computer. Consolefs is a file system that lets multiple users simultaneously access these console lines. Each name/dev pair represents the name of a console and the serial line device associated with it. Consolefs presents a single level directory with two files per console: name and namectl. Writes of name are equivalent to writes of dev and reads and writes of namectl are equivalent to reads and writes of devctl. Consolefs broadcasts any- thing it reads from dev to all readers of name. Therefore, many users can con(1) to a name, see all console output, and enter commands to the console. To keep users from inadvertently interfering with one another, notification is broadcast to all readers whenever a user opens or closes name. For example, if user boris opens a console that users vlad and barney have already opened, all will read the message: [+boris, vlad, barney] If vlad then closes, boris and barney will read: [-vlad, boris, barney] Consolefs posts the client end of its 9P channel in /srv/consolefs; mount (see bind(1)) this file to see the consoles. An example of 2 consoles complete with console logging is: % aux/consolefs bootes /dev/eia0 fornax /dev/eia1 % mount /srv/consoles /mnt/consoles % ls -p /mnt/consoles bootes bootesctl fornax fornaxctl % cat /mnt/consoles/fornax >> /sys/log/fornax & % cat /mnt/consoles/bootes >> /sys/log/bootes & The rc(1) script C automates this procedure. It uses import(4) to connect to /mnt/consoles on the machine connected to all the consoles, then uses con(1) to connect to the console of the machine system. The script must be edited at installation by the local administration to identify the system that holds /mnt/consoles. FILES
/srv/consoles Client end of pipe to server. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/aux/consolefs.l /rc/bin/C CONSOLEFS(4)