Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Install applications on NFS, good or not? Post 302841689 by os2mac on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 08:09:38 PM
Old 08-07-2013
We do it all the time. In fact we have even gone so far as to host the VM OS on the netapp from an NFS mount. Then have NFS mounts to the VM for the application storage. AS long as you have good strong 10g fiber connections we don't see problems with the network fabric.

The problems we typically see are associated with over utilization of the netapp head/cpu/memory when writing to slower disks.
This User Gave Thanks to os2mac For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

trying to install Fedora 9, know any good image burners?

Hey, I'm downloading a DVD image for Fedora 9 onto a windows XP environment. I want to burn it to a DVD of course and then install the operating system on a partition of my laptop. My question is, what's a reliable image burner that I can download and use with windows for this project. I'm not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gelitini
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Hi all in my server all nfs dependices are online but nfs client is offline root@BIWAPP1 # svcs -a|grep nfs disabled Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/server:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default online ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
9 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install Solaris 10 via NFS?

Friends, I have systemA with Solaris 10 installed. I want to install Solaris 10 in another system, systemB, which has a CD drive, but does not have a DVD drive. So, I mounted the dvd drive of systemA to /DVD and shared it via NFS and put the Solaris 10 installation DVD into it. 3.Now I went... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
8 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Is Ubuntu OS good? Do you need to install any driver after installing it?

I'm planning to install the Ubuntu OS on my laptop(currently has windows Vista), but I don't know if Ubuntu is good. Do you need to install any drivers for Ubuntu? Can I send stuff to my printer in Ubuntu? Is it compatible with my printer driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to install bos.net.NFS.server 7.1.x.x ??

Hello Everyone, I am in quite a deliema, where do I get bos.net.nfs.server 7.1.0.0 from?? I am running AIX 7.1.3.3 & PowerHA 7.1.3 on this server. #lslpp -l |grep nfs bos.net.nfs.client 7.1.3.15 COMMITTED Network File System Client cluster.es.nfs.rte ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkhali
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution