Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows Post 302841515 by mtucker6784 on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 12:57:22 PM
Old 08-07-2013
Rudi, thanks for taking your time to explain that. I sure appreciate it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of range of rows and columns in matrix

Hi all, I have a large matrix of 720 x 25. I want to get sum of range of rows and columns. Like, I need sum of all columns and row number 2 to 21, then leaving 22nd row, again sum of all columns and row number 23 to 42 again leaving 43rd row and then sum of 44th to 63. Means I want to add all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the SUM of TWO columns SEPARATELY by doing GROUP BY on other columns

My File looks like: "|" -> Field separator A|B|C|100|1000 D|E|F|1|2 G|H|I|0|7 D|E|F|1|2 A|B|C|10|10000 G|H|I|0|7 A|B|C|1|100 D|E|F|1|2 I need to do a SUM on Col. 5 and Col.6 by grouping on Col 1,2 & 3 My expected output is: A|B|C|111|11100 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows to Columns with match criteria

Hello Friends, I have a input file having hundreds of rows. I want them to translate in to columns if column 1 is same. Input data: zp06 xxx zp06 rrr zp06 hhh zp06 aaa zp06 ggg zp06 qwer zp06 ser zl11 old3 zl11 old4 zl11 old5 zl11 old6 zl11 old7 zm14 luri zm14 body zm14 ucp (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add sum of columns and max as new row

Hi, I am a new bie i need some help with respect to shell onliner; I have data in following format Name FromDate UntilDate Active Changed Touched Test 28-03-2013 28-03-2013 1 0.6667 100 Test2 28-03-2013 03-04-2013 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gangaraju6
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns satisfy the condition

HI All, I'm embedding SQL query in Script which gives following output: Assignee Group Total ABC Group1 17 PQR Group2 5 PQR Group3 6 XYZ Group1 10 XYZ Group3 5 I have saved the above output in a file. How do i sum up the contents of this output so as to get following output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khushbu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge rows into one if first 2 columns match

Hi, I wanted to merge the content and below is input and required output info. Input: /hello,a,r /hello,a,L /hello,a,X /hi,b,v /hi,b,c O/p: /hello,a,r:L:X /hi,v,:v:c Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitas
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Group by columns and add sum in new columns

Dear Experts, I have input file which is comma separated, has 4 columns like below, BRAND,COUNTRY,MODEL,COUNT NIKE,USA,DUMMY,5 NIKE,USA,ORIGINAL,10 PUMA,FRANCE,DUMMY,20 PUMA,FRANCE,ORIGINAL,15 ADIDAS,ITALY,DUMMY,50 ADIDAS,ITALY,ORIGINAL,50 SPIKE,CHINA,DUMMY,1O And expected output add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky1991
2 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD