Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Setfacl and granting permissions to a group and its members on a directory Post 302841289 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 06:54:54 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Code:
ls -ld /var /var/log
getfacl  /var /var/log

I think the problem may be in permissions for path directories.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing members of a unix group

I know there is a "groups" command to list the groups a user belongs to, but how about the opposite? Is there a standard command to find out which users belong to a particular group? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ovaska
2 Replies

2. Programming

allowing members of a group to kill a process

I've written a python program where I want to allow members of a specific group the ability to kill it, and I'm not sure how to do it. I've been looking at the setuid() and setgid() and similar functions in the os module, but haven't been able to get them to work. I can't seem to change the uid or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastcharade
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a list of group members?

Is there a command to get a list of group members? Something similar to the groups command, but instead of passing a username and returning groups, you pass it a groupname, and it returns members? It is difficult to do it manually because the group membership information is split across two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to allow group members to kill process?

Hey I'm writing a script that creates some processes,and some scripts which kill those processes. the question is Simply: How can I allow group members to be able to kill processes created by other member at the same group? I need your help as soon as possible Thanks for your help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
4 Replies

5. Linux

members in a group

Hi all, I am new to Linux.Can anyone tell me how to display or list all the members in a group? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
9 Replies

6. Solaris

How to list group members in solaris 9

Hi, I already gone through with old post regarding listing the group members and tried the command getenv group other the result is other::1:root i listed my part of the /etc/passwd file below test1:x:100:1::/home/test1:/bin/sh test2:x:101:1::/home/test2:/bin/ksh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

granting permission to file/directory to a specific user

hello, I would like to grant full access to a directory which is owned by root and the web application that created it. I have though of adding the permission to the whole world, but for security reason I would like to grant it to one more user. I have tried this 'chmod -U newUser+wrx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

setfacl on a directory

Hi All, I am trying to set an ACL for a directory on my Solaris 10 box. I have an application which resides under /opt/CA directory. Application is installed by root and running as root. All log and configuration files are placed under /opt/CA as well. What I am trying to do is granting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niyazi
1 Replies

9. Solaris

setfacl don't change permission on group owner

I try to use setfacl command to change the permission of the group primary it does not accept the command , it really accept but don't change the permission on the group. the point here I read that if I use chmod command on group primary the mask changed, but if I use setfacl mask should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating a secondary read only group with setfacl

We have created ACL's to allow two differnet groups to access some directories. You can see output from getfacl below. group::rwx group:rbauser:r-- The original group has full access, the secondary group has read only. However users in the secondary group can't see the directories. Think this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dw82199
1 Replies
RUNNING-BEAR(6) 						   Games Manual 						   RUNNING-BEAR(6)

NAME
running-bear -- The launcher for games made with the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
running-bear --data-path=path ... --item-library=path ... --start-level=path [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log- level=string] [--log-uniq] [-v] [--active-area=integer] [--fullscreen | --windowed ] [--game-name=string] [--game-var-assign- ment=character] [--screen-height=integer] [--screen-width=integer] [--set-game-var-bool=name=value ...] [--set-game-var-int=name=value ...] [--set-game-var-real=name=value ...] [--set-game-var-string=name=value ...] [--set-game-var-uint=name=value ...] --stats-destina- tion=url DESCRIPTION
This program is a launcher for games made with the Bear Engine. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: --active-area=integer The margin around the camera in which we check for activity. --data-path=path Path to the directory containing the data of the game. When a file is required during the game, the paths are explored from the last one on the command line toward the first one. --fullscreen Run the game in fullscreen mode. --game-name=string The name of the game. --game-var-assignment=character Change the delimiter used in --set-game-var-"type" to separate the name and the value of the variable. -h, --help Show summary of options. --item-library=path Path to a library containing items for the game. --log-concise Do not display log messages that have recently been displayed. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". --log-uniq Do not display the same log message successively. --screen-height=integer The height of the screen --screen-width=integer The width of the screen. --set-game-var-bool=name=value Set the value of a boolean game variable. --set-game-var-int=name=value Set the value of an integer game variable. --set-game-var-real=name=value Set the value of a real number game variable. --set-game-var-string=name=value Set the value of a string game variable. --set-game-var-uint=name=value Set the value of a non negative integer game variable. --start-level=string The path to the first level to run, relatively to the data paths. --stats-destination=url Set the value of the destination to which game statistics are sent. -v, --version Print the version of the engine and exit. --windowed Run the game in a window. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. RUNNING-BEAR(6)