Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Another method for this snippet Post 302841277 by Scott on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 06:43:08 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Not really. You could just use more parameters:
Code:
while read DATE TIME ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui text box code snippet?

Hello, I have written some scripts that query the user and waits for keyboard input for an answer. I was wondering if there is any generic code snippets out there that would allow me to run this as a GUI. I am thinking of a simple dialogue box that would display the question and have a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash snippet to find files based on a text file?

Evening all. I'm having a terrible time with a script I've been working on for a few days now... Say I have a text file named top10song.tm2, with the following in it: kernkraft 400 Imagine i kissed a girl Thriller animals hallelujah paint it black psychosocial Oi to the world... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJ Charlie
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code snippet for signals

Hi. This is code snipped I have. I am trying to play with signals... int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; sigset_t s; //declare set of signals sigfillset(&s); //initializes the signal set to include all of the defined signals int j; for ( i = 0 ; i < 70 ; i++){ j... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required to extract a specific snippet from the entire file.

Hi, I have a file with the following structure. XXXXX........... YYYYY........... ................. .................. ZZZZZZ...... qwerty_start.............. .................. ................. .................. querty_end................ .............................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinash
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script required to truncate all the lines except a specific snippet.

Hi, I have a file with the following structure. XXXXX........... YYYYY........... ................. .................. ZZZZZZ...... qwerty_start.............. .................. ................. .................. querty_end................ .............................. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
3 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is this perl snippet is doing?

perl -e '@stat=stat("/etc/passwd");$now_string=localtime($stat);print $ARGV.":$now_string\n"' ./file_name Please if anyone can describe it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error in code snippet

Hello, I am attaching a code snippet. Some of the variables are set in earlier code like count, arrays harr1, harr2, barr1 and barr2. The code below gives syntax errors. I am very new to Bash. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do #Now read the element at barr2 location i. Also find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Column - Encapsulates a single column in a Jifty::DBI::Record table DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates a single column in a Jifty::DBI::Record table description. It replaces the _accessible method in Jifty::DBI::Record. It has the following accessors: "name type default validator boolean refers_to readable writable length". new is_numeric Returns true if the column is of some numeric type, otherwise returns false. is_string Returns true if this column is a text field is_boolean Returns true if this column is a boolean serialize_metadata Returns a hash describing this column object with enough detail to fully describe it in the database. Intentionally skips "record_class", all column attributes starting with "_", and all column attributes which are undefined. The "known" attributes in the "attributes" hash are flattened and returned as well. The list of known attributes are: container label hints render_as display_length valid_values available_values autocompleted documentation no_placeholder Setting this to a true value causes "load_by_cols" in Jifty::DBI::record to not use a placeholder when loading the column. This can allow the database to come up with better query plans in some cases. serialize_metadata2 Returns a hash describing this column object with enough detail to fully describe it in the database. Intentionally skips "record_class", all column attributes starting with "_", and all column attributes which are undefined. validator Gets/sets the validator coderef for the column. read DEPRECATED. Use "$column->readable" instead. write DEPRECATED. Use "$column->writable" instead. length DEPRECATED. Use "$column->max_length" instead. until DEPRECATED. Use "$column->till" instead. active Returns the a true value if the column method exists for the current application version. The current application version is determined by checking the "schema_version" in Jifty::DBI::Record of the column's "record_class". This method returns a false value if the column is not yet been added or has been dropped. This method returns a false value under these circumstances: o Both the "since" trait and "schema_version" method are defined and "schema_version" is less than the version set on "since". o Both the "till" trait and "schema_version" method are defined and "schema_version" is greater than or equal to the version set on "till". Otherwise, this method returns true. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-25 Jifty::DBI::Column(3pm)