Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stty: : No such device or address Post 302841163 by lovelysethii on Wednesday 7th of August 2013 04:59:40 AM
Old 08-07-2013
Stty: : No such device or address

hi,

i am trying to execute a script through Cron, then everytime it is redirecting a message
stty: : No such device or address
Unmatched `

here is the cron entry:
Code:
35,40,45,50,55 04,05 07 08 * /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravo_main_refresh.sh

while the script is running pretty fine ehile running through command prompt. Please suggest.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : No such device or address

I encoutered the error "stty: : No such device or address" in the korn shell script log. I added STTY EARSE ^H in profile. why iam i getting that error in Korn shell Thanks nandinisagar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandinisagar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"/dev/rmt/0: No such device or address" when using mt command

/dev/rmt/0: No such device or address I get this when I do a "mt -f /dev/rmt/0 rewind" This is on a Solaris 7 system. I tried devfsadm -c tape and drvconfig ; tape and both didn't work. Help please....... :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

4. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. Debian

Problem configuring IP address on remote device

I need to add a printer with Ethernet to my local network. The default IP address in the printer is 0.0.0.0 and I need to change it to a 192.168.0.x address. I have previously temporarily changed the IP address of a computer (with ifconfig) to an address similar to the new device and changed the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)