Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to append date and time stamp before the two extensions? Post 302841033 by Little on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 11:47:41 PM
Old 08-07-2013
i accept your answers but its not always the ".txt.xls" extension. it can be other extensions also. say
Code:
c_abc_new.txt.xls
c_def.lst.xls

someone suggested below code previously.
Code:
FILE_NAME="c_abc_new.txt.xls"
$ MOD_FILE_NAME="${FILE_NAME%.*}_$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S%N).${FILE_NAME##*.}"

but this code inserts the date time just before the last extension. but my need is to insert it before the last two extension. can anyone modify the above code to fulfill my needs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Stamp

I'm trying to write a script that checks the DTS of a file the compares it to the current time. If greater that 60 mins has gone by and the file has not been written to alert. So far I have the time pulled from the file but I dont know how to compare the times against a 60 min difference. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarich
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Time and Date Stamp

I have a directory with following files in it ABC.000.DAT ABC.001.DAT ABC.002.DAT ABC.003.DAT I want to insert time and date stamp in file names like ABC.000.YYYYMMDDHHMM.DAT I able to insert the time and date stamp at the end of filename Kindly help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date/Time Stamp

Hi All, Wondering if there is have a date added at the end of a test string. I have a hypothetical text file day one: John Paul George When the file day one is output, I'd like it to read something like this: John 101406 Paul 101406 George 101406 Day two, when the same text file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyFlip
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync - date/time stamp

Hi, We are using RSYNC for syncing remote directories and working great. Our requirement is to have the destination files with date/time stamp of when they're copied on to the destination server, NOT the date/time stamps of source files/directories. As RSYNC, by default, preserving the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append date time stamp via ftp script

I have searched several thread and not found my solution, so I am posting a new qustion. I have a very simple script on an AIX server that FTPs 2 files to a MS FTP server. These 2 files are created on the AIX server every hour, with a static name. I need to FTP the files to the MS server, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sknisely
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set date and time stamp of one file to another

Hi I use "touch -t xxxxxxxx" command to set date/time stamp of a file. My requirement is to read the date/time stamp of a file and apply it to another file. Is there anyway to do it simple instead of manually taking date/stamp of first file? TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with date and time stamp

Hi Folks, Need a clarification on files with date and time stamp. Here is my requirement. There is a file created everyday with the following format "file.txt.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS". Now i need to check for this file and if it is available then i need to do some task to the file. I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Script to append date and time stamp

Help with Perl script : I have a web.xml file with a line <display-name>some_text_here</display-name> Need to append the current date and time stamp to the string and save the XML file Something like <display-name>some_text_here._01_23_2014_03_56_33</display-name> -->Finally want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies
X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_solve - Determine systematic corrections from crossovers SYNOPSIS
x2sys_solve -Ccolumn -TTAG -Emode [ COE_list.d ] [ -V ] [ -W ] [ -Z ] [ -bi[s|S|d|D[ncol]|c[var1/...]] ] DESCRIPTION
x2sys_solve will use the supplied crossover information to solve for systematic corrections that can then be applied per track to improve data quality. Several systematic corrections can be solved for using a least-squares approach. Note: Only one data column can be processed at the time. -T Specify the x2sys TAG which tracks the attributes of this data type. -C Specify which data column you want to process. Needed for proper formatting of the output correction table and must match the same option used in x2sys_list when preparing the input data. -E The correction type you wish to model. Choose among the following functions f(p), where p are the m parameters per track that we will fit simultaneously using a least squares approach: c will fit f(p) = a (a constant offset); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, COE. d will fit f(p) = a + b * d (linear drift; d is distance; records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, d1, d2, COE. g will fit f(p) = a + b sin(y)^2 (1980-1930 gravity correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, latitude y, COE. h will fit f(p) = a + b cos(H) + c cos(2H) + d sin(H) + e sin(2H) (magnetic heading correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, heading H, COE. s will fit f(p) = a * z (a unit scale correction); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, z1, z2. t will fit f(p) = a + b * (t - t0) (linear drift; t0 is the start time of the track); records must contain cruise ID1, ID2, t1-t0, t2-t0, COE. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. COE_list.d Name of file with the required crossover columns as produced by x2sys_list. NOTE: If -bi is used then the first two columns are expected to hold the integer track IDs; otherwise we expect those columns to hold the text string names of the two tracks. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -W Means that each input records has an extra column with the composite weight for each crossover record. These are used to obtain a weighted least squares solution [no weights]. -Z For -Ed and -Et, determine the earliest time or shortest distance for each track, then use these values as the local origin for time duration or distance calculations. The local origin is then included in the correction table [Default uses 0]. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is d (double)]. Uppercase S or D will force byte-swapping. Option- ally, append ncol, the number of columns in your binary input file if it exceeds the columns needed by the program. Or append c if the input file is netCDF. Optionally, append var1/var2/... to specify the variables to be read. EXAMPLES
To fit a simple bias offset to faa for all tracks under the MGD77 tag, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Fnc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Ec > coe_table.txt To fit a faa linear drift with time instead, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -FnTc > faa_coe.txt x2sys_solve faa_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cfaa -Et > coe_table.txt To estimate heading corrections based on magnetic crossovers associated with the tag MGD77 from the file COE_data.txt, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Fnhc > mag_coe.txt x2sys_solve mag_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cmag -Eh > coe_table.txt To estimate unit scale corrections based on bathymetry crossovers, try x2sys_list COE_data.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Fnz > depth_coe.txt x2sys_solve depth_coe.txt -V -TMGD77 -Cdepth -Es > coe_table.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_SOLVE(1gmt)