Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture output of command triggered in background Post 302840673 by joeyg on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 08:55:19 AM
Old 08-06-2013
unsure?

Why evaluate in parallel? Sequential evaluation will result in the variables being set as you state. Perhaps you are trying to do something different?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to capture oracle export log while running as background process

I ran the Oracle 9i export command from a terminal to export out a big table using "exp andrew/password file=andrew.dmp log=andrew.log" From the terminal I can see that the export is running as there is some output from the oracle export job. The export job is not complete yet. When i go check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hippo2020
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[csh] How to capture output from a command and pass it on to a variable?

Hi there! I'm trying to write a script that will capture output from a command and assign it to a variable. Let's say, for example, I'd like to catch from inside the script whatever the following command outputs: ls *.aaa and put it into a variable "listoffiles". What I tried was: set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to capture only some part of output when command executed??

Hi, When I execute this command prtdiag -v output sample : System clock frequency: 160 MHZ Memory size: 4GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== E$ CPU CPU CPU Freq Size ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter the command to capture output--help

&& echo "PLEASE enter the command to capture output" || echo "Processing your command manual" x=$# echo $x while do while man $@ | read -r line do >$@.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Capture for Background Process

Hi , I am running a backgorund process called hello.sh ./hello & Now i need to capture the log file as it produces the output . i am not able to use " >> " nor " tee " to capture the output file / log file . Please let me know how can i do it ? Regards, Deepak Konnur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to capture Output of truus command

Hi I want to check if some process is sleeping. I can see that in truss -p <pid> I want to capture output and check that output if proces sis sleeping. Please suggest way to capture output of truss command or other way to check if process is sleeping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command when triggered by launchd

Hi folks, Im having trouble with an expect command in a shell script I use to back up mac os x servers. This one is being run on a 10.8.2 Server as part of a larger bash script. The script executes perfectly all the way through when triggered on the command line, but when launchd triggers it at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

How capture all user command line output?

Hi I want to know how capture all user command line output and save this commands and outputs to text files? if you have script for this subject please give me.:o please help me thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvhd
6 Replies

10. Programming

Python Paramiko multi threading to capture all output for command applied in loop

My issue : I am getting only last command output data in ouput file. Though comamnd "print(output)" displays data for all 3rd column values but the data saved in file is not what required it hs to be the same which is being printed by command"print(output)". Could you please help me to fix this,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
Tcl_ExprLong(3) 					      Tcl Library Procedures						   Tcl_ExprLong(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_ExprLong, Tcl_ExprDouble, Tcl_ExprBoolean, Tcl_ExprString - evaluate an expression SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_ExprLong(interp, expr, longPtr) int Tcl_ExprDouble(interp, expr, doublePtr) int Tcl_ExprBoolean(interp, expr, booleanPtr) int Tcl_ExprString(interp, expr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in whose context to evaluate expr. const char *expr (in) Expression to be evaluated. long *longPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the integer value of the expression. int *doublePtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the floating-point value of the expression. int *booleanPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store the 0/1 boolean value of the expression. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These four procedures all evaluate the expression given by the expr argument and return the result in one of four different forms. The expression can have any of the forms accepted by the expr command. Note that these procedures have been largely replaced by the object- based procedures Tcl_ExprLongObj, Tcl_ExprDoubleObj, Tcl_ExprBooleanObj, and Tcl_ExprObj. Those object-based procedures evaluate an expression held in a Tcl object instead of a string. The object argument can retain an internal representation that is more efficient to execute. The interp argument refers to an interpreter used to evaluate the expression (e.g. for variables and nested Tcl commands) and to return error information. For all of these procedures the return value is a standard Tcl result: TCL_OK means the expression was successfully evaluated, and TCL_ERROR means that an error occurred while evaluating the expression. If TCL_ERROR is returned then the interpreter's result will hold a message describing the error. If an error occurs while executing a Tcl command embedded in the expression then that error will be returned. If the expression is successfully evaluated, then its value is returned in one of four forms, depending on which procedure is invoked. Tcl_ExprLong stores an integer value at *longPtr. If the expression's actual value is a floating-point number, then it is truncated to an integer. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprDouble stores a floating-point value at *doublePtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer, it is converted to floating- point. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then an error is returned. Tcl_ExprBoolean stores a 0/1 integer value at *booleanPtr. If the expression's actual value is an integer or floating-point number, then they store 0 at *booleanPtr if the value was zero and 1 otherwise. If the expression's actual value is a non-numeric string then it must be one of the values accepted by Tcl_GetBoolean such as "yes" or "no", or else an error occurs. Tcl_ExprString returns the value of the expression as a string stored in the interpreter's result. SEE ALSO
Tcl_ExprLongObj, Tcl_ExprDoubleObj, Tcl_ExprBooleanObj, Tcl_ExprObj KEYWORDS
boolean, double, evaluate, expression, integer, object, string Tcl 7.0 Tcl_ExprLong(3)