Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Record topas command output
Operating Systems AIX Record topas command output Post 302838677 by NarayanaPrakash on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 08:06:03 AM
Old 07-30-2013
@zaxxon is it possible for nmon to record only process related information (pid,process,user &cpu) ,similar to pressing t/u in nmon interactice mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

topas -P save output

hi i have server monitor script which totally depends upon the output of TOP which works fine on HP. now i am told to put same script on aix i found that topas -P produces same output but it doesnt redirect output to file i have to kill/terminate it. is there any other way to this. as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to redirect output of topas?

Hi , How do i redirect output of topas to a file. i did not find any such option in topas command. Regards, Ashok (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command topas

hi, everybody i have a problem about performane in unix when i run topas, there 1 form show, there are many parameter about memory,cpu,.... i want to know detail about those example : MEMORY Real,MB 12287 % Comp 25.0 % Noncomp 75.8 % Client 0.5 comp mean ? 25 mean ? 25MB or 25%memory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokienlua
6 Replies

4. AIX

topas -P output to file

Hi, I need to output to a file, what will be ftp'ed to windows the output of a topas -P command in AIX. I can't install anything in the server (because it's the bank AIX server) but i need to control and keep the history of the % cpu that my processes use. I tried to use topas -R >>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtmartins
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with TOPAS command

I used the TOPAS command to get top 20 process information by routing the output to a file. But the output is not very readable. can ayone explain how to read the output, or how to interpret the information? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginnyr1
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TOPAS command in Unix

Hi, I am able to see the output of TOP command in my unix server whereas i could not see for TOPAS $ topas nologin: topas: not found May i know what is topas in unix and how to resolve this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect Topas output to a file

Hi, I want to know how to redirect the output of topas -P to a file in a readable format. I tried doing it by using topas -P > topas.txt but the output is not properly aligned and when I opened it using vi it ahd some characters. Please help me out in this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preetha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with topas command

How do i display only one iteration of topas command. Ideally i would topas -P to show only one instance rather than keep on running. is there any swicth? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on topas command

Hi, how to grep data from topas command...for example i have to grep owner from topas command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies

10. AIX

Alternative command for topas

hi, I need alternative command for topas to check cpu %, i tried with ps but their is lot of diffference between the outputs of two commands... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
SETPGID(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							SETPGID(2)

NAME
setpgid, setpgrp -- set process group LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setpgid(pid_t pid, pid_t pgrp); int setpgrp(pid_t pid, pid_t pgrp); DESCRIPTION
setpgid() sets the process group of the specified process pid to the specified pgrp. If pid is zero, then the call applies to the current process. If pgrp is zero, then the process id of the process specified by pid is used instead. If the invoker is not the super-user, then the affected process must have the same effective user-id as the invoker or be a descendant of the invoking process. RETURN VALUES
setpgid() returns 0 when the operation was successful. If the request failed, -1 is returned and the global variable errno indicates the reason. ERRORS
setpgid() will fail and the process group will not be altered if: [EACCES] The value of the pid argument matches the process ID of a child process of the calling process, and the child process has successfully executed one of the exec functions. [EINVAL] The value of the pgrp argument is less than zero. [EPERM] The effective user ID of the requested process is different from that of the caller and the process is not a descendant of the calling process. [ESRCH] The value of the pid argument does not match the process ID of the calling process or of a child process of the calling process. SEE ALSO
getpgrp(2) STANDARDS
The setpgid() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). COMPATIBILITY
setpgrp() is identical to setpgid(), and is retained for calling convention compatibility with historical versions of BSD. BSD
December 18, 2003 BSD