Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X by web
Operating Systems Linux Slackware X by web Post 302836725 by DGPickett on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 02:54:40 PM
Old 07-24-2013
Sure, if you can install over the internet, you can install X.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
mcd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mcd(1)

NAME
mcd - mtools utility to change or report the DOS working directory SYNOPSIS
mcd [msdosdirectory] DESCRIPTION
Without arguments, the mcd command reports the current device and working directory. Otherwise, the mcd command changes the current device and current working directory relative to a DOS file system. Unlike the DOS command CD, the mcd command can be used to change to another device. The environment variable MCWD can be used to locate the file where the device and current working directory information is stored. The default is $HOME/.mcwd. The file is created if it does not exist and a msdosdirectory is specified. DOS pathnames that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command supports the use of to move back one directory in the tree, however, multiple relative moves such as are not supported and do not affect your current position in the directory tree. NOTES
At logout time, it is advisable to remove old files. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mcd: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mdir(1), mtools(1) mcd(1)