Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X by web
Operating Systems Linux Slackware X by web Post 302835629 by gitac on Monday 22nd of July 2013 08:04:40 PM
Old 07-22-2013
X by web

hi experts,...
i am with a old computer in here,..
and i have a political for having all machines mine working,...
i had slackware 13 with windows7 working in that machine--all perfect,.
then i been for installing only slackware,..
problem i don't get install all packages especially KDE,..
i tried various options,..
I have strong reasons for believing problem is hardware-my lens or hd,...

the i installed slackware without X server,...

is it possible i contour my problem installing X server by the web???

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
rcsmerge(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rcsmerge(1)

NAME
rcsmerge - merge RCS revisions SYNOPSIS
rev2] file DESCRIPTION
incorporates the changes between rev1 and rev2 of an RCS file into the corresponding working file. If is given, the result is printed on the standard output; otherwise the result overwrites the working file. A file name ending in is an RCS file name; otherwise it is a working file name. derives the working file name from the RCS file name and vice versa, as explained in rcsintro(5). A pair consisting of both an RCS and a working file name can also be specified. rev1 cannot be omitted. If rev2 is omitted, the latest revision on the trunk is assumed. Both rev1 and rev2 can be given numerically or symbolically. prints a warning if there are overlaps, and delimits the overlapping regions as explained for the option of co(1). The command is useful for incorporating changes into a checked-out revision. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have released revision 2.8 of Assume furthermore that you just completed revision 3.4 when you receive updates to release 2.8 from someone else. To combine the updates to 2.8 and your changes between 2.8 and 3.4, put the updates to 2.8 into file and execute: Then examine Alternatively, if you want to save the updates to 2.8 in the RCS file, check them in as revision 2.8.1.1 and execute As another example, the following command undoes the changes between revision 2.4 and 2.8 in your currently checked out revision in Note the order of the arguments, and that is overwritten. WARNINGS
does not work for files that contain lines with a single AUTHOR
was developed by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci(1), co(1), merge(1), ident(1), rcs(1), rcsdiff(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(4). rcsmerge(1)