Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vim tips and tricks
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Vim tips and tricks Post 302833301 by cesar-rgon on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 07:10:43 PM
Old 07-16-2013
Excelent summary of hotkeys.
Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar tricks

Hello there, Is there anyway to make the tar utility print the contents of the files inside it (not list the files, but rather their contents) sequentially from the command line? What I ultimately would like to do is to have a way of printing the contents of each file in the tar archive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need couple of ksh tricks please

1) I ran myScript with 2 arguments, I meant to use 3 if I do r my, it will rerun it with the 2 arguments. is there a way I can do r my and add a third argument at the end? 2) say I did myAcript.ksh 2 5 7 8 I realise my typo. is there an easy way to redo the command replacing A with S? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Solaris tips and tricks

What do you think could we open new top topic with tips and tricks and to show to other users some tricks what do we know like dtrace , new virtual server , how to add new users etc. This is only suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Tricks

I have a file which containd a string "old" and I need to replace all old with "new" if and only if it is a string not part of a string like Gold or fold etc. I tried with sed like below echo "old gold old" | sed 's/old/new/g' It doesn't give the desired output, It give "old Gnew new".... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Basic VI tricks

I found a decent guide of VI basic tricks. This guide does expect you to have a decent understanding of VI. It does not go over very much beginner related. vi Manual (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
REMOTE-VIEWER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  REMOTE-VIEWER(1)

NAME
remote-viewer - a simple remote desktop client SYNOPSIS
remote-viewer [OPTIONS] -- [URI] DESCRIPTION
remote-viewer is a simple remote display client. The supported protocols are SPICE and VNC. Starting remote-viewer without URI will open a simple dialog with an entry and a list of previously successfully accessed URI. The URI can also point to a connection settings file, see FILE section for a description of the format. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "remote-viewer": -h, --help Display command line help summary -V, --version Display program version number -v, --verbose Display information about the connection -z PCT, --zoom=PCT Zoom level of the display window in percentage. Range 10-200. -f, --full-screen=<auto-conf> Start with the windows maximized to fullscreen. If the argument 'auto-conf' is given, the remote display will be reconfigured to match at best the client physical monitor configuration on initialization, by enabling or disabling extra monitors as necessary. This is currently implemented by the Spice backend only. -t TITLE, --title TITLE Set the window title to TITLE --spice-controller Use the SPICE controller to initialize the connection with the SPICE server. This option is used by the SPICE browser addons to allow web page to start a client. --debug Print debugging information -H HOTKEYS, --hotkeys HOTKEYS Override the default hotkey bindings with HOTKEYS. Where HOTKEYS is <action1>=<hotkey1>,<action2>=<hotkey2>... Valid actions are: toggle-fullscreen, release-cursor, smartcard-insert and smartcard-remove. Examples: --hotkeys=toggle-fullscreen=shift+f11,release-cursor=shift+f12 --hotkeys=release-cursor=ctrl+alt Note that hotkeys for which no binding is given are disabled, specifying an empty string disables all hotkeys. -k, --kiosk Start in kiosk mode. In this mode, the application will start in fullscreen with minimal UI. It will prevent the user from quitting or performing any interaction outside of usage of the remote desktop session. Note that it can't offer a complete secure solution by itself. Your kiosk system must have additional configuration and security settings to lock down the OS. In particular, you must configure or disable the window manager, limit the session capabilities, use some restart/watchdog mechanism, disable VT switching etc. --kiosk-quit <never|on-disconnect> By default, when kiosk mode is enabled, virt-viewer will remain open when the connection to the remote server is terminated. By setting kiosk-quit option to "on-disconnect" value, virt-viewer will quit instead. HOTKEY
A key binding combination is described by a series of key strings seperated by '+' that must be pressed together in order to activate the associated action. It must be composed of modifiers (shift, ctrl or alt) and a non-modifier key. For example, "shift+f11". FILE
remote-viewer connection file is of INI file format, with a mandatory [virt-viewer] group and "type" key. Example Opening a file with the following content will start remote-viewer in fullscreen and connect to the host "betsiboka" using the SPICE protocol: [virt-viewer] type=spice host=betsiboka port=5900 fullscreen=1 Key list "version" (string) If remote-viewer version isn't at superior or equal to the required version, an error is raised with the version expected. The version format accepted is a list of integers seperated by '.'. "type" (string, mandatory) The session type, either "spice", "vnc" or "ovirt". "host" (string, mandatory) The server host to connect to. "port" (integer) The server port to connect to. "tls-port" (integer) The server TLS/SSL port to connect to. "username" (string) The username for the session authentication. "password" (string) The password for the session authentication. "disable-channels" (string list) The list of session channels to disable. The current SPICE channels are: main, display, inputs, cursor, playback, record, smartcard, usbredir. "tls-ciphers" (string) Set the cipher list to use for the secure connection, in textual OpenSSL cipher list format. (see ciphers(1)) "title" (string) String to present in the window title. "fullscreen" (boolean) Opens the client windows in fullscreen. "ca" (string) CA certificate in PEM format (using " " to seperate the lines), for verification purposes. "host-subject" (string) Verify the certificate subject matches with the given subject. "toggle-fullscreen" (hotkey string) Key binding for entering and leaving fullscreen mode. (see HOTKEY for description of expected string) "release-cursor" (hotkey string) Key binding for releasing cursor grab. (see HOTKEY for description of expected string) "smartcard-insert" (hotkey string) Key binding for inserting emulated smartcard. (see HOTKEY for description of expected string) "smartcard-remove" (hotkey string) Key binding for removing emulated smartcard. (see HOTKEY for description of expected string) "color-depth" (integer) Set the color depth of the guest display (16 or 32). "disable-effects" (string list) A list of desktop effects to disable in the remote guest. The effects that can be disabled with SPICE are: wallpaper, font-smooth, animation or all. "enable-smartcard" (boolean) Set to 1 to enable client smartcard redirection. "enable-usbredir" (boolean) Set to 1 to enable client USB device redirection. "enable-usb-autoshare" (boolean) Set to 1 to enable client USB devices auto-sharing. "usb-filter" (string) Set a string specifying a filter to use to determine which USB devices to autoconnect when plugged in, a filter consists of one or more rules. Where each rule has the form of: "class,vendor,product,version,allow" Use -1 for class/vendor/product/version to accept any value. And the rules are themselves are concatonated like this: "rule1|rule2|rule3" "secure-channels" (string list) The list of session channels to secure. The current SPICE channels are: main, display, inputs, cursor, playback, record, smartcard, usbredir. "delete-this-file" (boolean) Set to 1 for the client to remove this connection file (if it can't, it will fail silentely) "proxy" (string) A proxy URL to tunnel the connection through. At the time of writing this documentation, the only supported proxy method with Spice is HTTP CONNECT. For example, to tunnel connection through foobar host HTTP proxy on port 8080, use the value "http://foobar:8080". EXAMPLES
To connect to SPICE server on host "makai" with port 5900 remote-viewer spice://makai:5900 To connect to VNC server on host "tsingy" with port 5900 remote-viewer vnc://tsingy:5900 BUGS
Report bugs to the mailing list "http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/virt-tools-list" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc., and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
"virt-viewer(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 REMOTE-VIEWER(1)