Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Special character ^@ in CSV file Post 302831509 by donadarsh on Thursday 11th of July 2013 05:23:20 AM
Old 07-11-2013
@Vidya

I did try sed but got error every time. Your solution might help...

Thanks...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mount a character special file

Hi together I have 2 systems, mars and venus. The configuration is the same. Every system has a SDLT. I will now backup the datas from mars on the tapedevice from venus. I have shareed the tapedevice (venus) and mounted on mars. Now my problem: when I write on the mountet tapedevice, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem deleting file with special character

I'm having problems deleting a file with a special character and I'm hoping that somebody here can help. The file "-osample1.c" will not remove from my directory. Here is an example of what happens. Any ideas would be appreciated. > ls *sample1* ls: illegal option -- . usage: ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hart1165
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special character in my file

I have a special character in my file. It displays as a '#' sign but when I do this command I do not find the line. fgrep 'G#ant' file1 I want to replace the special character with another value but I need to know what character it really is. Any ideas on how to replace this '#' value with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a file for a special character

hello, How to parse a file to see if a specific line is commented by '#' character? filename: file1 cat file1 ... # /usr/bin/whatever ... thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Special Character from File.

Hi, My file has this special character "^M" I would like to remove this characters. eg: abc,abc,^M i tried using sed but doesnt work. i used octal dump command to see special character it returns following: 015 \r Appreciate your reply. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove special character ($) from file names

Hello I've searched here and on the 'net for examples of a script or command line function that will remove the $ character from all file names only that can be done within the directory that contains the file names - which are all html files. ie, I have a directory that contains html files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Square like special characters in .csv file

Hi All - I am new to unix and scripting. I was asked to export a sql output into .csv format and email the attachment. I could do this however i see some square like boxes or special char at the end of the headings and data values in .csv file. I could not fix this and will need your help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchalla
5 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)