Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Clone one partition and boot from USB Post 302831237 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 01:14:26 PM
Old 07-10-2013
First, does your PC support USB boot?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a unix boot partition ?

Hi group member, I'm as new as a newbie can get on Unix, so bear with me . I just got a task of installing NT on a box that had some sort of unix on it. Once I reboot, i always get a Grub> screen and I dont' know how to get rid of it. Just relying on the nt install parition don't seem to be able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwanm63
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to boot Fedora 8 from USB

Hi, friends, can anyone suggest me how to boot fedora 8 from USB flash drive? thanks. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
3 Replies

3. BSD

Moving /var partition to USB stick

I am currently running DesktopBSD as a live-CD and need to have a large /var partition because it is currently too small. I have a USB stick which is BSD formatted, and would like to have the /var partition moved over to it. How can this be done? Could I for instance use a symlink? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

4. Linux

Usb Boot

Hi I am trying to create a fedora 11 usb boot disk for my acer aspire note book. Problem is the only access i have to another machine is a mac running leopard. Can some one tell me how i go about this please Treds (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Extend Boot Partition

Hi, My linux server working with LVM partition and with /boot partition, now my /boot partition is full, now i need to extend my boot partition. can i know how to do it, without any data loss. Regards, M.Selva Prakash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mselvaprakash
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

USB HDD not showing valid partition on one Solaris machine

Hi All, We have got a USB HDD with important data in it. The data has been copied to the disk(formatted ext3) via a LINUX system. The data was supposed to be copied to a second LINUX machine. Surprisingly, it doesn't show up any valid partitions in the new box. dmesg: usb1-3:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bikash Mishra
2 Replies

7. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
WREN(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   WREN(3)

NAME
wren, ata - hard disk interface SYNOPSIS
bind #H[drive] /dev bind #w[target[.lun]] /dev /dev/hd0disk /dev/hd0partition /dev/sd0disk /dev/sd0partition ... DESCRIPTION
The hard disk interfaces (wren, #w, is a SCSI disk; ata, #H, is an IDE or ATA disk) serve a one-level directory giving access to the hard disk partitions. The parameter to attach defines the numerical SCSI target and logical unit number or the IDE drive number to access. Both default to zero. Each partition name is prefixed by hd and the numeric drive identifier. The partition always exists and covers the entire disk. The size of each partition as reported by stat(2) is the number of bytes in the partition, so the size of is the size of the entire disk. The partition also always exists; it is the last block on the disk for SCSI, second to last for IDE. If it contains valid partition data, those partitions will be visible as well. Every time the device is bound, the partitions are updated to reflect any changes in the parti- tion file. The format of the partition file is the string plan9 partitions on a line, followed by partition specifications, one per line, consisting of a name and textual strings for the block start and limit for each partition on the disk. The program prep(8) writes the partition table for the disk; its use is preferred to writing it by hand. SEE ALSO
prep(8), scsi(3) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devwren.c /sys/src/9/pc/devata.c WREN(3)