Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to print duplicate row along with highest version of original Post 302829709 by Yoda on Friday 5th of July 2013 04:52:40 PM
Old 07-05-2013
Here is a brief explanation:
Code:
awk '
        # Skip first two records of input file
        NR > 2 {
                # Set variable V = $0 (current record)
                V = $0
                # Remove first field to get the description in variable: V value
                sub ( $1, X, V )
                # Remove leading and trailing space from description in variable: V value
                gsub ( /^[ ]*|[ ]*$/, X, V )
                # Create indexed array: R with 1st and 2nd field separated by comma
                R[++c] = $1 "," V
                Check if associative array: A contain record indexed by variable: V value
                if ( V in A )
                {
                        If yes, compare if existing vale is less that 1st field value
                        if ( A[V] < $1 )
                        {
                                Set associate array: M = $1 (maximum value)
                                M[V] = $1
                        }
                }
                # If associative array: A does not contain record indexed by V value
                else
                {
                        Set associative array: A indexed by V = $1
                        A[V] = $1
                        Set associative array: M indexed by V = $1
                        M[V] = $1
                }
        }
        # END Block
        END {
                # For each element in indexed array: R
                for ( i = 1; i <= c; i++ )
                {
                        # Split record separated by comma into array: T
                        n = split ( R[i], T, "," )
                        # Print records that are having duplicates and not having maximum value
                        if ( M[T[n]] != T[1] && M[T[n]] )
                                print T[1], T[n], "IS DUPLICATE OF \"" M[T[n]], T[n] "\""
                }
        }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Original BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11)

Just dusted off an old version of the Byte UNIX Benchmarks from our old benchmark days at http://linux.silkroad.com/ and ran them against www.unix.com: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux www 2.4.20 #2 Mon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar: how to preserve atime? (also on extracted version, not just original)

How do I make tar set the correct atime on the extracted version? The option --atime-preserve works just on the original, not on the extracted file. The extracted files always have current time as atime, which is bad. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankie06
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a duplicate line and original with sed.

I am completely new to shell scripting but have been assigned the task of creating several batch files to manipulate data. My final task requires me to find lines that have duplicates present then delete not only the duplicate but the original as well. The script will be used in a windows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chino_1
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print line with highest value from one column

Hi everyone, This is my first post, but I have already received a lot of help from the forums in the past. Thanks! I've searched the forums and my question is very similar to an earlier post entitled "Printing highest value from one column", which I am apparently not yet allowed to post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dliving3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the key with highest value

print the key with highest value input a 10 a 20 a 30 b 2 b 3 b 1 output a 30 b 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates and update last 2 digits of the original row with 0's

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to remove duplicates from a file based on the first 8 chars (It is fixed width file of 10 chars length) and whenever a duplicate row is found, its original row's last 2 chars should be updated to all 0's. I thought of using sort -u -k 1.1,1.8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farawaydsky
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out duplicates with the highest version number

Hi, I have a huge text file with filenames which which looks like the following ie uniquenumber_version_filename: e.g. 1234_1_xxxx 1234_2_vfvfdbb 343333_1_vfvfdvd 2222222_1_ggggg 55555_1_xxxxxx 55555_2_vrbgbgg 55555_3_grgrbr What I need to do is examine the file, look for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to show highest version line from the list

Hi All, Need help here, can you tell me the syntax to line grep the highest file version? 0 04-05-2016 08:00 lib/SBSSchemaProject.jar/schemas/ 0 04-05-2016 08:00 lib/SBSSchemaProject.jar/schemas/airprice/ 0 04-05-2016 08:00 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100rin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print whole line with highest value from one column

Hi, I have a little issue right now. I have a file with 4 columns test0000002,10030010330,c_,218 test0000002,10030010330,d_,202 test0000002,10030010330,b_,193 test0000002,10030010020,c_,178 test0000002,10030010020,b_,170 test0000002,10030010330,a_,166 test0000002,10030010020,a_,151... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebk
3 Replies
DBASE_GET_RECORD_WITH_NAMES(3)						 1					    DBASE_GET_RECORD_WITH_NAMES(3)

dbase_get_record_with_names - Gets a record from a database as an associative array

SYNOPSIS
array dbase_get_record_with_names (int $dbase_identifier, int $record_number) DESCRIPTION
Gets a record from a dBase database as an associative array. PARAMETERS
o $dbase_identifier - The database link identifier, returned by dbase_open(3) or dbase_create(3). o $record_number - The index of the record. RETURN VALUES
An associative array with the record. This will also include a key named deleted which is set to 1 if the record has been marked for dele- tion (see dbase_delete_record(3)). Each field is converted to the appropriate PHP type, except: o Dates are left as strings. o Integers that would have caused an overflow (> 32 bits) are returned as strings. On error, dbase_get_record_with_names(3) will return FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Listing all the registered members in the database <?php // open in read-only mode $db = dbase_open('/tmp/test.dbf', 0); if ($db) { $record_numbers = dbase_numrecords($db); for ($i = 1; $i <= $record_numbers; $i++) { $row = dbase_get_record_with_names($db, $i); if ($row['ismember'] == 1) { echo "Member #$i: " . trim($row['name']) . " "; } } } ?> SEE ALSO
dbase_get_record(3). PHP Documentation Group DBASE_GET_RECORD_WITH_NAMES(3)