Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to print duplicate row along with highest version of original Post 302829697 by Yoda on Friday 5th of July 2013 03:42:55 PM
Old 07-05-2013
Change
Code:
print A[T[n]], T[n], "IS DUPLICATE OF \"" M[T[n]], T[n] "\""

To
Code:
print T[1], T[n], "IS DUPLICATE OF \"" M[T[n]], T[n] "\""

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Original BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11)

Just dusted off an old version of the Byte UNIX Benchmarks from our old benchmark days at http://linux.silkroad.com/ and ran them against www.unix.com: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux www 2.4.20 #2 Mon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar: how to preserve atime? (also on extracted version, not just original)

How do I make tar set the correct atime on the extracted version? The option --atime-preserve works just on the original, not on the extracted file. The extracted files always have current time as atime, which is bad. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankie06
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a duplicate line and original with sed.

I am completely new to shell scripting but have been assigned the task of creating several batch files to manipulate data. My final task requires me to find lines that have duplicates present then delete not only the duplicate but the original as well. The script will be used in a windows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chino_1
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print line with highest value from one column

Hi everyone, This is my first post, but I have already received a lot of help from the forums in the past. Thanks! I've searched the forums and my question is very similar to an earlier post entitled "Printing highest value from one column", which I am apparently not yet allowed to post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dliving3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the key with highest value

print the key with highest value input a 10 a 20 a 30 b 2 b 3 b 1 output a 30 b 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates and update last 2 digits of the original row with 0's

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to remove duplicates from a file based on the first 8 chars (It is fixed width file of 10 chars length) and whenever a duplicate row is found, its original row's last 2 chars should be updated to all 0's. I thought of using sort -u -k 1.1,1.8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farawaydsky
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out duplicates with the highest version number

Hi, I have a huge text file with filenames which which looks like the following ie uniquenumber_version_filename: e.g. 1234_1_xxxx 1234_2_vfvfdbb 343333_1_vfvfdvd 2222222_1_ggggg 55555_1_xxxxxx 55555_2_vrbgbgg 55555_3_grgrbr What I need to do is examine the file, look for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to show highest version line from the list

Hi All, Need help here, can you tell me the syntax to line grep the highest file version? 0 04-05-2016 08:00 lib/SBSSchemaProject.jar/schemas/ 0 04-05-2016 08:00 lib/SBSSchemaProject.jar/schemas/airprice/ 0 04-05-2016 08:00 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100rin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print whole line with highest value from one column

Hi, I have a little issue right now. I have a file with 4 columns test0000002,10030010330,c_,218 test0000002,10030010330,d_,202 test0000002,10030010330,b_,193 test0000002,10030010020,c_,178 test0000002,10030010020,b_,170 test0000002,10030010330,a_,166 test0000002,10030010020,a_,151... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebk
3 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)						 1					       PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)

PDOStatement::fetchColumn - Returns a single column from the next row of a result set

SYNOPSIS
public mixed PDOStatement::fetchColumn ([int $column_number]) DESCRIPTION
Returns a single column from the next row of a result set or FALSE if there are no more rows. Note PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) should not be used to retrieve boolean columns, as it is impossible to distinguish a value of FALSE from there being no more rows to retrieve. Use PDOStatement.fetch(3) instead. PARAMETERS
o $column_number - 0-indexed number of the column you wish to retrieve from the row. If no value is supplied, PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) fetches the first column. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) returns a single column in the next row of a result set. Warning There is no way to return another column from the same row if you use PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3) to retrieve data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Return first column of the next row <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); print("Fetch the first column from the first row in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchColumn(); print("name = $result "); print("Fetch the second column from the second row in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchColumn(1); print("colour = $result "); ?> The above example will output: Fetch the first column from the first row in the result set: name = lemon Fetch the second column from the second row in the result set: colour = red SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchAll(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHCOLUMN(3)