Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [solved] How to see log in real time? Post 302827751 by Don Cragun on Sunday 30th of June 2013 03:04:07 PM
Old 06-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieso
Thanks for response but this don't works.
I see the log file with "ls -l" that the file is 0KB until the program finish and then is full of all information.
It looks like python is buffering output so there is no external way to view the results until python flushes its output buffer. Normally this will happen when the buffer fills and when python closes the output file. If you have permission to change the python source file (example.py), consider adding flush() calls to appropriate spots in the code so tail will be able to see data written to the file after significant updates are written.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

log users real time

hi.... how i can configurator a log file on real time....on unix solaris.... thanks a lot.... Best Regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real time log file redirect

Hi all, i would like to write the shell script program, it can monitor the access_log "real time" when the access_log writing the line contain "abcdef" the program will be "COPY" this line into a file named "abcdef.txt", do the same thing if the contain "123456" "COPY" it into a file named... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Shell script to read a transaction log in real time

Hello, I have a Apache webserver running on RedHat. Its primary function is a proxy server for users accessing the internet. I have a transaction log that logs every transactions of every users. For users trying to access certain sites/content the transactions goes into a 302 redirect loop and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruno406
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to replicate the log files from one location to another in real time

Hi, On the server, we have app log files in this location /app/logs/error.log On the same server, in a real time, we would like to replicate that into /var/ directory. if someone has already done this, please share the script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX real time audit log writing

Hey all, I have a problem I was hoping to get some help on. So I have my two auditfiles, audfile1 and audfile2 that can be written to, I want to have the text version of them write to an NFS mount that I have set up. So i already know that i can do .secure/etc/audsp audfile1 > //nfsmount/folder/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CleverRiver6
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving or removing few data from log file in real time

Hi, I have a log file that gets updated every second. Currently the size has grown to 20+ GB. I need to have a command/script, that will try to get the actual size of the file and will remove 50% of the data that are in the log file. I don't mind removing the data as the size has grown to huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik Patra
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a fast written log file at Real time speed?

Hello All, I am building a real time parser for a log file in my application. The log file is continuously written at a very fast pace and gets rolled over every 10 minutes. I have measured the speed and observed that around 1000 lines are written to it every second, each line about 30-40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log all the commands input by user at real time in /var/log/messages

Below is my script to log all the command input by any user to /var/log/messages. But I cant achieve the desired output that i want. PLease see below. function log2syslog { declare COMMAND COMMAND=$(fc -ln -0) logger -p local1.notice -t bash -i -- "$USER:$COMMAND" } trap... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
12 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)