Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running command using SSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running command using SSH Post 302827103 by sharsour on Friday 28th of June 2013 01:46:44 AM
Old 06-28-2013
Thanks Just Ice,

One question, Is this command log the OutputResult.txt on the local server?

Thats what I can see after running the command.

---------- Post updated at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:01 AM ----------

Hi Just Ice,

One more help, how to put below snippet of code for making it work for SSH command

Code:

CLECount=$(ps -ef |grep ELINKDEV |grep CLE |grep -v grep| wc -l)
PurgeDataCount=$(ps -ef |grep ELINKDEV |grep PurgeData |grep -v grep| wc -l)
if [[ "$CLECOUNT" = "3" && "$PurgeDataCount" = "1" ]]
then
echo "CLE Components................Running">>OutputResult.txt
else
echo "CLE Components................Not Running">>OutputResult.txt
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

running NIS over ssh

Hi Guys, Is it possible to run NIS over ssh as I want to run NIS without the security risks that would normally follow? If you have got any suggestions please share them with me. Andy H (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Hibbins
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is running this command via ssh possible? (formatting issues)

Here is the command I want to run: for pkg in `pkginfo | grep -i VRTS | awk '{print $2}'`; do showrev -p | grep $pkg; done | awk '{print $2 "\t" $7}' | uniq It returns the package info in a form such as: 113210-03 VRTSfspro 112392-06 VRTSvmman 113596-03 VRTSvmpro... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh running on function

i have a problem regarding running an ssh command while inside "function" script structure #!/usr/bin/bash func1(){ script=$1 ssh user@server "$script" } cat script.txt | while read line do func1 $line done exit 0 the problem is when ssh ran,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script and commands through SSH

Hello All, I am trying to run some simulations through SSH from my mac on our university SOLARIS system. My problem is that whenever I want to execute a command I get an error which says "Invalid argument". Maybe I should explain more what I want to do and what I did. Firstly I installed a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - running remote command not exiting

Hi, i have a shellscript, where in i need to connect to different server start these three jobs and exit from the server and start the same three jobs on local server. ssh user@remotehost 'bash -s' << EOF ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start1 & sleep 10 ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start2 & sleep 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapnabhargav
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo ssh with command running in background

I am trying to run a command. This is one of my attempts: for i in fileservera; do ssh -t $i 'sudo ls /';doneThis works, and I see the directories. However, what I want to do now is start a process on the remote server such as /usr/bin/connectproc -standalonesudo /usr/bin/connectproc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running test command in ssh

I tried to run the following commands in my shell script. This command works fine for me: ssh -n "${username}"@"${hostname}" "grep WARNING ${serverhome}/${serverlog} | wc -l" The result is: 1548 However when i try to run a similar one: ssh -n "${username}"@"${hostname}" "test `grep -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hys1117
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script still running after ssh

I have the lines below on my script: script.ksh: case `hostname` in some_host) ssh server1A "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1B "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1C "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1D "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running a script via ssh

Hi, I'm trying to run a user defined shell script with options and arguments via ssh but getting error as ksh: Script.sh: not found. Here is what i'm running: ssh -t username@server 'cd /path/to/script; script.sh -t start here '-t' with script.sh, is an user defined option and 'start' is also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsam
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)