Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find all matching words in text according to pattern Post 302825861 by radoulov on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 09:29:40 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Something like this:

Code:
IFS=\$ read -a words <<< "$line" 
regex='^(\{[^}]+})'
for e in "${words[@]}"; do
    if [[ $e =~ $regex ]]; then    
        echo "\$${BASH_REMATCH[0]}";
    fi;
done

You said that you can't use Perl Smilie
Code:
% perl -le'print join $/, shift =~ /\${.*?}/g' 'aaaa$}aaa${important}xxxxxxxx${important2}oo{o$}oo$oo${importantstring3}'
${important}
${important2}
${importantstring3}
% perl -le'print join $/, shift =~ /\${.*?}/g' 'aaaa$aa{yyy}aaaaaa${important}xxxx'
${important}

Last edited by radoulov; 06-25-2013 at 10:36 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

text manipulation and pattern matching

Hi guys, I need help: I started receiving automatic emails containing download information. The problem is that these emails are coming in a rich format (I have no control of this) so the important information is buried under a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. To complicated things even further I need to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprica13
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am trying to find pattern between two words but unable to get that pattern..

HI.... It's fallow up file .. #./show.sh click enter button.. i am gettng the fallowup file. its keep on running every time why because there are lots of users working on it. In that file i want to search pattern between two words for ex: SELECT DISTINCT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files matching a pattern

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script. I would like to count all the files in the CURRENT directory matching a specific pattern. Could someone suggest the best/simplest way to do this. I have thought of these solutions (for simplicity the pattern is all files starting with A): ls -1 *A | wc -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pattern matching with comma delimited text

Hi, I have two files that I need to match patterns with and the second file has comma delimited rows of data that match but I'm having trouble getting a script to work that gives me the match output to these sets : file 1: PADG_05255 PADG_06803 PADG_07148 PADG_02849 PADG_02886... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greptastic
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text into another file after matching pattern

i am not sure what i should be using but would like a simple command that is able to insert a certain block of text that i define or from another text file into a xml file after a certain match is done for e.g insert the text </servlet-mapping> <!-- beechac added - for epic post-->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookie23patel
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files NOT matching name pattern

Hi, I have following files in my directory: /TESTDONTDEL> ls -alt total 14 drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 1024 May 15 06:30 . -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 40 May 15 06:30 exception.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 19 May 15 06:22 ful_1234_test1.txt -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and text deletion using VI

Can someone please assist me, I'm trying to get vi to remove all the occurences of the text in a file i.e. "DEVICE=/dev/mt??". The "??" represents a number variable. Is there a globel search and delete command that I can use? Thank You in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roadrunner
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find pattern suffix matching pattern

Hi, I am trying to get a result out of this but fails please help. Have two files /tmp/1 & /tmp/hosts. /tmp/1 IP=123.456.789.01 WAS_HOSTNAME=abcdefgh.was.tb.dsdc /tmp/hosts 123.456.789.01 I want this result in /tmp/hosts if hostname is already there dont want duplicate entry. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
5 Replies
Text::Context::EitherSide(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Text::Context::EitherSide(3pm)

NAME
Text::Context::EitherSide - Get n words either side of search keywords SYNOPSIS
use Text::Context::EitherSide; my $text = "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"; my $context = Text::Context::EitherSide->new($text); $context->as_string("fox") # "... quick brown fox jumped over ..." $context->as_string("fox", "jumped") # "... quick brown fox jumped over the ..." my $context = Text::Context::EitherSide->new($text, context => 1); # 1 word on either side $context->as_string("fox", "jumped", "dog"); # "... brown fox jumped over ... lazy dog", Or, if you don't believe in all this OO rubbish: use Text::Context::EitherSide qw(get_context); get_context(1, $text, "fox", "jumped", "dog") # "... brown fox jumped over ... lazy dog" DESCRIPTION
Suppose you have a large piece of text - typically, say, a web page or a mail message. And now suppose you've done some kind of full-text search on that text for a bunch of keywords, and you want to display the context in which you found the keywords inside the body of the text. A simple-minded way to do that would be just to get the two words either side of each keyword. But hey, don't be too simple minded, because you've got to make sure that the list doesn't overlap. If you have the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog and you extract two words either side of "fox", "jumped" and "dog", you really don't want to end up with quick brown fox jumped over brown fox jumped over the the lazy dog so you need a small amount of smarts. This module has a small amount of smarts. EXPORTABLE
get_context This is primarily an object-oriented module. If you don't care about that, just import the "get_context" subroutine, and call it like so: get_context($num_of_words, $text, @words_to_find) and you'll get back a string with ellipses as in the synopsis. That's all that most people need to know. But if you want to do clever stuff... METHODS
new my $c = Text::Context::EitherSite->new($text [, context=> $n]); Create a new object storing some text to be searched, plus optionally some information about how many words on either side you want. (If you don't like the default of 2.) context $c->context(5); Allows you to get and set the number of the words on either side. as_sparse_list $c->as_sparse_list(@keywords) Returns the keywords, plus n words on either side, as a sparse list; the original text is split into an array of words, and non-contextual elements are replaced with "undef"s. (That's not actually how it works, but conceptually, it's the same.) as_list $c->as_list(@keywords) The same as "as_sparse_list", but single or multiple "undef"s are collapsed into a single ellipsis: (undef, "foo", undef, undef, undef, "bar") becomes ("...", "foo", "...", "bar") as_string $c->as_string(@keywords) Takes the "as_list" output above and joins them all together into a string. This is what most people want from "Text::Context::EitherSide". EXPORT "get_context" is available as a shortcut for Text::Context::EitherSide->new($text, context => $n)->as_string(@words); but needs to be explicitly imported. Nothing is exported by default. SEE ALSO
Text::Context is an even smarter way of extracting a contextual string. AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Tony Bowden Original author: Simon Cozens BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Text-Context-EitherSide@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2005 by Kasei Limited, http://www.kasei.com/ You may use and redistribute this module under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_license_2_0 perl v5.10.0 2009-05-04 Text::Context::EitherSide(3pm)