Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regex space character
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex space character Post 302825475 by RudiC on Monday 24th of June 2013 12:57:56 PM
Old 06-24-2013
So this is a file that fails. How does one succeeding file look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How can i replace a character with blank space?

i want a command for my script!!! say file consists of character 123 125 127. i need a query to replace the number 2 with 0 so the output should be 103 105 107. i use unix-aix (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/sed - matching any char,space,underscore between : and /

trying to remove the portion in red: Data: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $AI_SQL/wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $EDW_TMP/wkly.sql output to be: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql SED i'm trying to use: sed 's/:+\//: /g' input_file.dat >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed with variable containing space character

Hi all, I have the following script S1a="13 9 -0.0012041" S1b="13 8 -1.00000 " sed 's/${S1b}/${S1a}/g' funE00.i > tmp1 but the strings are not replaced. Maybe the problem is in the spaces cointaned in the variables? Thanks for your help, Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space in regex pattern using sed

why does sed 's/.* //' show the last word in a line and sed 's/ .*//' show the first word in a line? How is that blank space before or after the ".*" being interpreted in the regex? i would think the first example would delete the first word and the next example would delete the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space before a character

Hi guys, I am new to shell scripting and I have a small problem...If someone can solve this..that would be great I am trying to form a XML by reading a flat file using shell scripting This is my shell script LINE_FILE1=`cat FLEX_FILE1.TXT | head -1 | tail -1` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding space after character using sed?

dears i have the data below, i want a command ( i think it should be sed) that add a space after the seconds as below : Jun 24 22:28:18966568406148@ Jun 24 05:47:35966555747744@ Jun 24 05:47:53966560825239@ Jun 24 06:07:52966541147164@ Jun 24 15:49:55966566478883@ thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex escape special character in AWK if statement

I am having issues escaping special characters in my AWK script as follows: for id in `cat file` do grep $id in file2 | awk '\ BEGIN {var=""} \ { if ( /stringwith+'|'+'50'chars/ ) { echo "do this" } else if ( /anotherString/ ) { echo "do that" } else { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purebc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex:search/replace but not for escaped character

Hi Input: - -- --- ---- aa-bb-cc aa--bb--cc aa---bb---cc aa----bb----cc Output: . - -. -- aa.bb.cc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read character by character in line in which space is also included

Hi friend, I have one file , and i want to read that file character by character. I need this script in ksh. while using read option with -n1 am getting error. while read -n1 c read has bad option And if i am using below script, then if in a line has space like this ( Pallvi mahajan)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex issue with \s in character class.

Anybody have an explanation for why \s doesn't match ' ' in a character class? Here are 3 examples with the final example showing that \s in a character class (demonstrated by using egrep -o) fails: \s works outside of class.. # echo " FOO " | egrep -o '\s+\s' FOO Here is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackrageous
6 Replies
RENICE(1)							   User Commands							 RENICE(1)

NAME
renice - alter priority of running processes SYNOPSIS
renice [-n] priority [-g|-p|-u] identifier... DESCRIPTION
renice alters the scheduling priority of one or more running processes. The first argument is the priority value to be used. The other arguments are interpreted as process IDs (by default), process group IDs, user IDs, or user names. renice'ing a process group causes all processes in the process group to have their scheduling priority altered. renice'ing a user causes all processes owned by the user to have their scheduling priority altered. OPTIONS
-n, --priority priority Specify the scheduling priority to be used for the process, process group, or user. Use of the option -n or --priority is optional, but when used it must be the first argument. -g, --pgrp Interpret the succeeding arguments as process group IDs. -p, --pid Interpret the succeeding arguments as process IDs (the default). -u, --user Interpret the succeeding arguments as usernames or UIDs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
The following command would change the priority of the processes with PIDs 987 and 32, plus all processes owned by the users daemon and root: renice +1 987 -u daemon root -p 32 NOTES
Users other than the superuser may only alter the priority of processes they own. Furthermore, an unprivileged user can only increase the ``nice value'' (i.e., choose a lower priority) and such changes are irreversible unless (since Linux 2.6.12) the user has a suitable ``nice'' resource limit (see ulimit(1) and getrlimit(2)). The superuser may alter the priority of any process and set the priority to any value in the range -20 to 19. Useful priorities are: 19 (the affected processes will run only when nothing else in the system wants to), 0 (the ``base'' scheduling priority), anything negative (to make things go very fast). FILES
/etc/passwd to map user names to user IDs SEE ALSO
nice(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), credentials(7), sched(7) HISTORY
The renice command appeared in 4.0BSD. AVAILABILITY
The renice command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 RENICE(1)