Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty Post 302820683 by bikky6 on Thursday 13th of June 2013 08:16:23 AM
Old 06-13-2013
Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty

Hi

Is there any command which we can try connecting unix from windows without using any third party tool.

Thanks in advance
KVB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to windows from unix

how to connect to windows from unix??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant30
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting UNIX to Windows

Is there a way to connect to Windows from UNIX. From Windows to UNIX, there is a putty that can be used. Is putty also possible to use to connect? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

connecting to Unix from windows - help

Hello, I have a requirement like - I need to connect to specific Unix machine.That machine authenticates the user who is logging in. I am accessing from XP machine. Is possible to supply the Username & Password along with Host name and port, from Windows command prompt? If so how? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassiel
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use putty problems in windows

Hello all, I have encountered a strange question. I installed a Ubuntu 8.10 in the VMware in the XP, and use putty to connect to ubuntu. Everything is fun except I can't use the wget in putty, neither does command "sudo apt-get ***". But they are OK in the VM. Can someone help me out? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we build a tool for Windows to retrieve data from UNIX servers (putty console)

Hi Friends, Is it possible to build a windows tool ( a java applet maybe? ) which can retrieve data and display after performing certain commands on unix servers ( simple grep / script output) after logging into putty console. I am on a company server so please bear that in mind. I might have... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
23 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
PDO_ODBC-DSN(3) 							 1							   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)

PDO_ODBC DSN - Connecting to ODBC or DB2 databases

The PDO_ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		-  The	DSN  prefix is odbc:. If you are connecting to a database cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog, you can
		append the cataloged name of the database to the DSN.

o DSN
		- The name of the database as cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog. Alternately, you  can  provide  a  complete
		ODBC connection string to connect to a database as described at http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

o UID  -	The  name  of the user for the connection. If you specify the user name in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of the user name
		argument in the PDO constructor.

o PWD - The password of the user for the connection. If you specify the password in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of  the  password
		argument in the PDO constructor.

Example #1

PDO_ODBC DSN example (ODBC driver manager)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an ODBC database cataloged as testdb in the ODBC driver manager:

odbc:testdb

Example #2

PDO_ODBC DSN example (IBM DB2 uncataloged connection)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an IBM DB2 database named SAMPLE using the full ODBC DSN syntax:

odbc:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example #3

PDO_ODBC DSN example (Microsoft Access uncataloged connection)

The  following  example	shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to a Microsoft Access database stored at C:db.mdb using the full ODBC
	      DSN syntax:

odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

PHP Documentation Group 													   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)