Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string Post 302820583 by pravin27 on Thursday 13th of June 2013 03:13:47 AM
Old 06-13-2013
Hi Pamu,

value from file2 is require if matching. In your case, it's printing from file1

Thanks
Pravin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in a file within a range of line

Hi, I want to replace the srting '; with ABCD'; in a file from line 1 to line 65. Is there any single command to do it without using awk Thanks for quick reply https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tosattam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in file.1 with line from file.2

Hello all, the title makes this sound simple, and maybe it should be. This is by code: #!/bin/sh cp ch25.txt ch25.fn.tex n=`grep -c '^\' ch25_footnotes.txt > temp` r=`awk -F] '{print $2}' temp` `sed 's/\/\\footnote{$r}/' ch25.fn.tex` done This is what I am trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi I am not the best scripter in the world and have run into a issue which you might be able to guide me on... I have two files. File1 : A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB File2: C345,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string with each line from another file repeatedly

I don't know if it's been asked before but seems i gave up seeking. i have 2 files : file1.txt Monday XXXX Tuesday XXXX XXXX Wednesday Thursday XXXX XXXX is in every lines of file1.txt and i want to replace them with each line in file2.txt: home school cinema so output file is: ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: perseous
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

HI Can any one guide me how to achieve this task. I have 2 files env.txt #Configuration.Properties values identity_server_url = http://identity.test-hit.com:9783/identity/service/user/register randon_password_length = 6 attachment_file_path = /pass/temp/attachments/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikilbr86
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
GLUTESSNORMAL(3G)														 GLUTESSNORMAL(3G)

NAME
gluTessNormal - specify a normal for a polygon C SPECIFICATION
void gluTessNormal( GLUtesselator* tess, GLdouble valueX, GLdouble valueY, GLdouble valueZ ) PARAMETERS
tess Specifies the tessellation object (created with gluNewTess). valueX Specifies the first component of the normal. valueY Specifies the second component of the normal. valueZ Specifies the third component of the normal. DESCRIPTION
gluTessNormal describes a normal for a polygon that the program is defining. All input data will be projected onto a plane perpendicular to one of the three coordinate axes before tessellation and all output triangles will be oriented CCW with respect to the normal (CW orien- tation can be obtained by reversing the sign of the supplied normal). For example, if you know that all polygons lie in the x-y plane, call gluTessNormal(tess, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0) before rendering any polygons. If the supplied normal is (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) (the initial value), the normal is determined as follows. The direction of the normal, up to its sign, is found by fitting a plane to the vertices, without regard to how the vertices are connected. It is expected that the input data lies approximately in the plane; otherwise, projection perpendicular to one of the three coordinate axes may substantially change the geom- etry. The sign of the normal is chosen so that the sum of the signed areas of all input contours is nonnegative (where a CCW contour has positive area). The supplied normal persists until it is changed by another call to gluTessNormal. SEE ALSO
gluTessBeginPolygon(3G), gluTessEndPolygon(3G) GLUTESSNORMAL(3G)