Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Need help in making bootable USB flash with customized 12.04 Post 302820401 by wisecracker on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 03:24:25 PM
Old 06-12-2013
Three reasons:-

1) It WAS for my netbook, therefore no optical drive.
2) It ensures from start to finish that the correct _drive_ is being installed to.
3) The small WIndows partition makes for easy transfer of files from a Windwoes
box to a Linux box...

It will NOT work from USB live from one USB slot to a second USB stick
in a second USB slot. Don't even attempt it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bootable USB Stick || Fedora 8

Hello Everybody I am planning to install Fedora core 8 on an extra PC I have; what I wanna do is to boot from a USB stick then install Fedora from an ISO image I already have via FTP. Could any one tell me how to create bootable USB Stick for Fedora as I already found how to install from FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_nasr2001
0 Replies

2. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Looking for help with creating bootable USB key

I am currently trying to create a bootable USB key that I can use to boot a couple different X86 single slot processors. Creating a basic key is as easy as can be but I am looking to customize this boot image to meet two important criteria: 1. The system must boot in text only mode as my only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfish1760
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

5. Fedora

make bootable usb from iso

I need to boot the ultimate boot cd from an usb stick. Do I just copy the iso image to the usb key? How do I make the usb stick bootable? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

USB bootable RHEL6!

Hi I have ISO file of RHEL6. I want to install it on my WIndows 7 machine with dual boot. But my CD/DVD drive is not working. Please tell me how do you I make it USB bootable from my own Windows machine so that I can install it happily through flash drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Is Unetbootin capable of making any iso file bootable

1)It is a great experience to achieve what I got today. I had downloaded GParted iso file (135 MB size). Now to make a bootable usb of it, I used unetbootin and to surprise I succeded in entering Gparted application and modified my partitions. Earlier I was in a notion that it is used only for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
0 Replies

8. SuSE

How To make bootable USB with multiple ISO Files?

Hi All, I would need your assistance to make a bootable USB with SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server I have already downloaded relevant OS (Trail Version) packages @ 1) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD1 2) SLES-11-SP4-DVD-i586-GM-DVD2 when I tried to open these packages with PowerISO one of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
7 Replies

9. BSD

Bootable usb-stick, need help, sos

I would probably set all my rubber points here to get some real help for creating a boot device on a usb-stick. There is no CD-drive on this machine, thats why I need to use a usb-stick. And scrumming in a CD-drive to fuddle around in the fstab or something like that is out of reach. My wisdom so... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive

I have a .dmg file which was created from a disk consisting of two partitions. When I mount the dmg both partitions pop up, so I know the imaging worked properly. One partition is HFS+ and the other is FAT32. So far, I've been unable to find a way to restore the dmg to a flash drive where both... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcristo
17 Replies
UPLCOM(4)                                                  BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                  UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD November 22, 2006 BSD