Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration Post 302816807 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 03:42:57 PM
Old 06-04-2013
This is quite involved.

There is major documentation that exists on this which I have somewhere. What major documentation have you already got? Please detail.

If you don't have much I will find what I have and upload it but will need to acknowledge all necessary copyrights and check that moderators are okay with that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM disk/lun grow

hi, i have a volume on a LUN of an EMC-storage and i need to increase the size. i could increase the size of the LUN on the EMC, i could increase the size of the disk for solaris, but how can i tell the veritas volume manager that the disk is larger now? what i've done: 1. LUN on EMC 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems fetching EMC disks to Solaris OS.

Hi, I have a nasty little problem with my disks on my system My system configuration is as follows Sunv890 with sunos 9 connected tot a IBM6800 SAN using a 2port 2 GB qla2342 adapter. We have bought a EMC SAN. The company who sold us the san, said that it would be no problem connecting the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orac
10 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

4. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing EMC LUN from Solaris 10 host without a reboot

I have seen a few threads / posts on the forum's but nothing specific to what Iam after. So Iam hoping you can help. Issue : Iam hoping to remove unused emc luns from my solaris servers , T2000 (5.10 Generic_142900-02). I have a list of the process I have followed for the removal of the luns.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: furby
3 Replies

6. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount Emc Clones in VxVm

The Storage Admin presents a clone of a LUN, on the source side the device is under VxVM control, assuming that on the target side we have scanned the new cloned LUN at the OS level (solairs), from there on how do we initialize and mount the new volume. Please give some guidence on this or a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 booting from EMC SAN DISK

Hi All, I have server : Sun-Fire-V490 configured with Solaris 10 zfs .. and I have configured three mirror the third one from EMC storage. root@server # zpool status -v pool: rpool state: ONLINE status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX help -reconnect EMC lun

we have an old AIX system with important data on an EMC LUN. the AIX server crashed and we had to rebuild it with the old AIX os 5.8. how do we reconnect the EMC LUN without losing the data? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhudson12
15 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)