Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin - Part 2 Post 302816397 by os2mac on Monday 3rd of June 2013 07:42:24 PM
Old 06-03-2013
oh, They can... just not in proper base 10. They usually start with 1 versus 0.

Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

3. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin

Was wondering if anyone has come across any situation where you do your best to help users and in return you get a nice escalation from top level management! Here's my story: One fine morning, I was sitting idle, doing next to nothing, I got an alert from helpdesk people about a problem with... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
30 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin - User/group management for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
User/group management for LedgerSMB INHERITS
Universal LedgerSMB LedgerSMB::DBObject METHODS
save_user Saves a user optionally with location and contact data. If the password or import hash values is set, will not save contact or address information. This API is not fully documented at this time because it is expected that it will be broken down into more manageable chunks in future versions. Please do not count on the behavior. delete_user($delete_role) Deletes a user specified by $self->{user_id}. if $delete_role is true, deletes the role too. search_users Returns a list of users matching search criteria, and attaches that list to the user_results hash value. Search criteria: username first_name last_name ssn dob Undef matches all values. All matches exact except username which allows for partial matches. list_sessions returns a list of active sessions, when they were last used, and how many discretionary locks they hold. The list is also attached to the active_sessions hash value. No inputs required or used. delete_session Deletes a session identified by the session_id hashref. save_roles Saves the roles assigned to a user. Each role is specified as a hashref true value, where the key is the full name of the role (i.e. starting with lsmb_[dbname]__). get_salutations Returns a list of salutation records from the db for the dropdowns. get_roles Returns a list of role names with the following format: {role => $full_role_name, description => $short_role_name} The short role name is the full role name with the prefix removed (i.e. without the lsmb_[dbname]__ prefix). get_countries Returns a reference to an array of hashrefs including the country data in the db. Sets the same reference to the countries hash value. get_contact_classes Returns a list of hashrefs ({id =>, class =>}) relating to the contact classes. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009, the LedgerSMB Core Team. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2, or at your option any later version. Please see the accompanying License.txt for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-25 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Admin(3pm)