Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crontab Issue Post 302814727 by Don Cragun on Thursday 30th of May 2013 06:19:17 AM
Old 05-30-2013
I'm surprised that you have an executable shell script in your root directory. Did you modify the contents of /script in any way?

Is there something else that runs between 3:30 and 5:55 in the morning that affects the logs your script collects or the dump it transfers?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue

I have a backup script that is suppose to run every night of the week, but it never does, it starts to run. The way I can tell is that the dates on dump_log are changing to when the script runs. If I look in the cron log file is shows ! > root 506342 cr /etc/back_up Fri Aug 5 10:30:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickyt00
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

crontab issue

Dear Folks, i am new to hp-ux, i have a problem scheduling the crontab, The script is working fine at command prompt, but not working at cron, please find a solution for it , here are the logs and my schedule at cron: log after restarting crontab /var/adm/cron/log ! *** cron started *** ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaddi
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab issue

I am adding a piece of code which adds entry in crontab ((in brown color)) \crontab -l > $tmpfile echo "Removing the cleanProcess entry if it already existed.." grep -v "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile > $newtmpfile lcnt=`grep -c "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab issue

Helo . I have 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp here. I am trying to make crontab execute my simple shell script, but noting happens. here is how i am testing this : $ pwd /home/oracle $ ls -l two* ls: two*: No such file or directory $ $ crontab -e crontab: installing new crontab $ $ crontab... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with crontab

I have a ksh script which will connect to a database and executes some sql scripts. If i run the ksh script it is working fine. But if i schedule it to run at a perticular time using cron the sql script is not running. The scriptl initially creates a spool file for sql script and then connects and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab issue

We have configured a script to be run at specific time using crontab. # crontab -l 15 11 * * * VM_Count_V4.shas per the crontab entry script should run every day 11.15 a.m Every time when the script is executed i get a mail but when i run it using crontab it doesn't send any mail. However... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. AIX

Crontab issue

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a crontab entry execution for a non root user. AIX version 5.3 user@host ~ $ oslevel -r 5300-10 cron status user@host ~ $ ps -ef | grep cron root 377044 1 0 Oct 27 - 0:22 /usr/sbin/cron cron entry for user user@host ~ $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue..!!!

Hi, I have a cronjob but it is not getting executed.Is there any ways to check whether crontab is working.I have put crontab -l and checked.It got listed.But it is not working. My Crontab is, * * * * * /ldesk/home/abc/source/compare.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gayisada
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue

hi, i have schduled a job through crontab, but it is not getting executed. bash-3.2$ crontab -l # Monthly Download (mm hh DD MM format) 35 05 01 04 * /home/ftpsrp/srpftp1/download/ofrdb/scripts/load_ofrdb.sh crr.sh here is the permission of the .sh files -rwxr--r-- 1 ftpsrp srp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab issue

Hello, I have a bash script that finds files older than 31 days and deletes them. I have this file loading into crontab to run everyday. It ran fine the first time i loaded it in, but now when I try to run it manually (bash file.sh) I get errors. Here is the script TIME=" -maxdepth 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
6 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)