Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Confusion with "su -c" and quotes, user context switching? Post 302814167 by kchinnam on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 10:27:46 PM
Old 05-28-2013
I just tried your way of doing it,, it seems even worse, at least on my server..
Code:

/home/userA>sudo /usr/bin/su -c '/bin/ls -l' userB
Sorry, user userA is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/su -c /bin/ls -l userB' as root on serverX.

Most of the commands I tested so far are working fine with either --> su - <userid> '<command>' or su -c <userid> '<command>'.

My problem is why a simple command like 'ls' would not work but 'ls -l' does, making this a scary half baked solution..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing scalars contaning "DOUBLE QUOTES" as data

Hello to all, Does anyone know the solution ? Two strings A and B are present. I want to check whether B is a Substring of A. 1. The value of A is - 29 * * * /bin/ls "test" "tmp*" "log*" (Note: Pl note that A contains DOUBLEQUOTES, ASTERISK & FRONTSLASH) 2. The value of B is -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rssrik
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of comma(,) present inbetween double quotes(" ")

Hi Experts, I have a file with some of the records contain double quotes. If I found a double quote(") in any particular record , I need to look for the next double quote in that particular record and in between these quotes, if any comma(,) is there I need to replace with Tilde (~) in the same... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep confusion with "I" and "-I" pattern

I am executing following command egrep -w I filename.txt the filename.txt has following data .... -I 07-18 08:31:19.924 9880 6 SessionManager ConnectConfig: ConfigurationWebService LoginResults=SuccessfulLogin I am so hungry that I need to eat I expect egrep to print only the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VBG
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SEUNSHARE(8)							   User Commands						      SEUNSHARE(8)

NAME
seunshare - Run cmd with alternate homedir, tmpdir and/or SELinux context SYNOPSIS
seunshare [ -v ] [ -c ] [ -C ] [ -k ] [ -t tmpdir ] [ -h homedir ] [ -Z context ] -- executable [args] DESCRIPTION
Run the executable within the specified context, using the alternate home directory and /tmp directory. The seunshare command unshares from the default namespace, then mounts the specified homedir and tmpdir over the default homedir and /tmp. Finally it tells the kernel to execute the application under the specified SELinux context. -h homedir Alternate homedir to be used by the application. Homedir must be owned by the user. -t tmpdir Use alternate tempory directory to mount on /tmp. tmpdir must be owned by the user. -c --cgroups Use cgroups to control this copy of seunshare. Specify parameters in /etc/sysconfig/sandbox. Max memory usage and cpu usage are to be specified in percent. You can specify which CPUs to use by numbering them 0,1,2... etc. -C --capabilities Allow apps executed within the namespace to use capabilities. Default is no capabilities. -k --kill Kill all processes with matching MCS level. -Z context Use alternate SELinux context while runing the executable. -v Verbose output SEE ALSO
runcon(1), sandbox(8), selinux(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> and Thomas Liu <tliu@fedoraproject.org> seunshare May 2010 SEUNSHARE(8)