Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh to check second time difference between two servers Post 302814147 by depam on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 09:15:07 PM
Old 05-28-2013
ksh to check second time difference between two servers

I am currently setting up a public key authentication between servers. The goal is to get the date via `ssh hostname date` on all the 4 remote servers , put the value in a text file on the central server and compare the date (specifically seconds) for each server date output to check if time is actually sync. I know there will be a second interval while logging in to the system via ssh and retrieving the time. But I am thinking of a margin like 3 - 5 seconds.

Is there any specific script to compare the output of date command and get the difference of seconds. I am thinking of creating a script to get the seconds via 'cut' command but it easily breaks if it reaches ":00" and the result will be inaccurate.

Thanks.

Last edited by Scott; 06-01-2013 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Moved thread - Not an AIX issue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to run servers

I want to write a Kshell program which will start the servers(Oracle,DataIntegrator). Can anybody help me with this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pari111222
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: difference between $* and $@

Please ignore. I found the answer at: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/24557-difference-between.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 servers 1 .ksh script

system = AIX How can I explain this..... Keep in mind I do not want to login to the boxes, persay, and that I am fairly new to scripting and unix. I want to use SSH. I have a script on server1, this is where I want it to run from. I have server2 and server3, where I want the script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cml2008
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between development and Production unix servers for a application??

Hi all I am running a major script of my application in development for implementing code changes for process improvement in time. The script runs in production once in a month . It takes 8 hours 30 mins in Production server . what surprice me is , when I run the same script in development server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh connection to other servers

Hello, I am looking for a way for a server to launch a connection command to one of the other servers where the connection command has already embedded in it a server name, user name and a password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same KSH behaving differently on diff servers

HI all I have written a ksh to execute PL/sql procedure and generate the log file. The script is working fine to the extent of calling the taking input, executing PL/SQL procedure. On one server the log file is getting generated properly. i,e it shows the DBMS output . The log file size was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrishnakini
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)