Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding the files and count then Post 302811481 by vikatakavi on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 03:13:21 PM
Old 05-23-2013
Hi i tried this,but didnt work

Code:
#!/bin/bash
A=`find /path/to/files/* -type f -mtime -1 `
if [ "${#A[*]}" -eq 6 ]
then
something here
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding field count escaping the blank values

Hi All I have a file.Below are few records of the file. sample.txt CPS,ES,843232910001,ESF81462,W N LINDSAY LTD,01674840629,09-FEB-2009,23-FEB-2009,CDR735,ALL CALLS,01674840629 CPS,ES,843232670001,ESF81462,W N LINDSAY LTD,01674840629,09-FEB-2009,23-FEB-2009,CDR734,ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: king007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding most repeated entry in a column and giving the count

Please can you help in providing the most repeated entry in the 2nd column and give its count Here is an input file 1, This , is a forum 2, This , is a forum 1, There , is a forum 2, This , is not right Here the most repeated entry is "This" and count is 3 So output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

finding CPU count - reading sysinfo output

Hello, sysinfo throws out below 3 CPU counts. Can anyone help me understand what each of these means? CPU Count Socketed is 2 CPU Count Physical is 8 CPU Count Virtual is 16 First one seems obvious. However, I wonder how there can be 8 Physical CPUs, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a certain character in a filename and count the characters up to the certain character

Hello, I do have folders containing having funny strings in their names and one space. First, I do remove the funny strings and replace the space by an underscore. find . -name '* *' | while read file; do target=`echo "$file" | sed 's/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tempestas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)