Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to remove / and character using awk or sed Post 302809799 by aix_admin_007 on Monday 20th of May 2013 07:43:40 PM
Old 05-20-2013
Great worked perfect.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove character ['

I have a huge file where the each column has data in the format: . I want to remove the from each value. How do I do it with sed? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: remove first character from particular line

Hello Experts, I have a file "tt.txt" which is like: #a1=a2 b1=b2 #c1=c2 I need to remove the pound (#) sign from a particular line. In this case let us assume it's 3rd line : "#c1=c2" I can do it through: sed "s/#c1=c2/c1=c2/" tt.txtbut it is possible that I may not know the value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space in sed for / character

Hi... i need a script to remove the space before and after the operator like( / ). Ex : Input file apple / manago mango / fresh apple / fresh Desired output: apple/manago mango/fresh apple/fresh Note: betwee the desired operator space should be removed, between words do not remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_vadalur
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed is doing my head in! How do you remove the first character of a string?

Hello! Please bare with me, I'm a total newbie to scripting. Here's the sudo code of what I'm trying to do: Get file name Does file exist? If true get length of file name get network id (this will be the last 3 numbers of the file name) loop x 2 If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KatieV
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

any savant ? using AWK/SED to remove newline character between two strings : conditional removal

I'd like to remove (do a pattern or precise replacement - this I can handle in SED using Regex ) ---AFTER THE 1ST Occurrence ( i.e. on the 2nd occurrence - from the 2nd to fourth occurance ) of a specific string : type 1 -- After the 1st occurrence of 1 string1 till the 1st occurrence of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sieger007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove a character using sed

Hi All, I have output like this below ldprod/03 ldprod/02 ldprod/01 ldprod/00 ldnprod/ ldnprod/030 I want only remove all character including / ldprod ldprod ldprod ldprod ldprod ldnprod (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last occurrence of character (_) and rest of the string in UNIX (sed)

Hi I need help on this ..!! Input : xx_abc_regA xx_def_regB xx_qwe_regC Now i required the output as the below abc def qwe Need to remove last occurrence of character (_) and rest of the string in Unix (sed). Thanks in Advance ..!!! -Nallachand (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nallachand
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - remove begin of line up to the third and including occurence of character

hello. How to remove all characters in a line from first character ( a $ ) until and including the third occurrence of that character ( $ ). Any help is welcome. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove character \r and \n in awk

Hi Everybody: I need your help, please... I have this file *.txt 0000 | 16010201 22000000 67892000 00000000 00000000 00000100 72246681 28E08236 | ~~~~"~~~g~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~r$f~(~~6 | 0020 | 10476173 90010100 10000000 00000001 05000226 17163011 12442212 48140484 |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove first and last character using sed

Hi I have file in below format. How i can remove the first and lost comma from this below file ,001E:001F,,,02EE,0FED:0FEF, I need output has below 001E:001F,,,02EE,0FED:0FEF (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)