Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script Post 302809775 by Chubler_XL on Monday 20th of May 2013 06:13:41 PM
Old 05-20-2013
The bash shell usually runs while loops in a subshell (hence another process is spawned), perhaps you unix command line is ksh?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning a shell script

Hi there, I have a shell script which I need to run it from two different places on the same server, are there any specific rules I need to apply? What is the best practice to achieve this task. Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Shell script ran using informatica

Hi all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question...:) I am working in Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1 tool and my server is on UNIX. I have got a shell script to copy files from one folder to another. When I run the script directly from UNIX prompt it is taking 60... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Informatica Backend Shell Script

Request Any one of your to provide me a script which does the following in a single unix script. Basically Users will load data in SHARED LINK everyday, should write a UNIX SCRIPT which will ........ 1) Unix script should Open the LINK (FTP) 2) Each DIRECTORY in the link contains many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: informaticalabs
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Script on Tidal schedular for ETL

Hello I am very new to Unix scripting, I am using informatica etl,which is schedule by tidal enterprise. I have a scenario where assume that Tidal only knows how to run jobs at a given time and does not know how to retry. So i want to know weather can i write a shell script such that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluestarmoon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell script executed by php.

I made a shell script to execute a server in screen mode. # start server screen -d -m -S Test ./application echo "Program Started Successfully" than I'm executing it from php by echo shell_exec('/home/script.sh'); and it is giving me this error. "cannot make directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmallia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check ETL standards in an Informatica mapping

Hi, Script to check the ETL standards in an informatica mapping ( xml file ). Example: To check the naming standard of mapping . To check the transformation naming convention. To check the datatypes. To the session name , it should start with s. To check the workflow name , it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimadhuri
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Informatica post session shell script

Hi, This is regarding a issue we are facing in informatica post session. We place a shell script in informatica job. The shell script will need to upload a dummy file to another server.The shell script is running fine.However in informatica job not completing and throwing error It's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not getting executed

Hi As per my requirement when I run . ./file.sh am getting the following error -bash:ELF: command not found when i execute as ./file.sh it is getting executed.How to resolve this. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pracheth
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)