Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Boot Loaders Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine? Post 302809315 by ravisingh on Sunday 19th of May 2013 09:43:08 AM
Old 05-19-2013
Oh i was thinking I can verify the capability of my system recovery. I was feeling good to know that my work can never stop as windows repair usb is there with me.
It took quite a long time for me to make the bootable repair usb ready.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

4. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks... it was pre-installed with windows 8.0.. I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
services.window(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						services.window(4)

NAME
services.window - file containing applications and their associated memory window ID DESCRIPTION
The file is used by applications using memory windows. Each line in the file associates an application with a memory window ID. A line in the file cannot start with a space or tab. The format is a unique name, defining the application, followed by a space/tab, followed by a unique window_id. See the sample file in Memory windows allows for the starting of a process in a unique or existing memory window where it can create and share objects with other applications in the same memory window. The creation of memory windows removes the system wide restriction on shared resources. Without memory windows, 32-bit processes were lim- ited to 1.75 gigabytes of shared resources. Each memory window allows for the definition of a unique 1 gigabyte quadrant and since multi- ple memory windows can be defined in a system, the system total for shared resources can exceed the 1.75 gigabyte limitation for 32 bit processes. The definition of a memory window is only available for 32-bit processes. The file provides a central place for memory window applications to associate their memory window IDs. In the event there are any colli- sions, only a change in is necessary to select another memory window for the entire application. If is not used, and user applications hard code window IDs in their startup scripts, collisions are not easily detected or easily fixed. A memory window application uses the command getmemwindow(1M) to extract the application's window_id from the file, and then passes that ID to the setmemwindow(1M). Using the same window ID places applications in the same memory window. EXAMPLES
Below is a example of a file. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
File containing applications' associated window ID. SEE ALSO
getmemwindow(1M), setmemwindow(1M). on services.window(4)