Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Boot Loaders Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine? Post 302809307 by wisecracker on Sunday 19th of May 2013 09:13:55 AM
Old 05-19-2013
Bert Lance credited with this phrase...

Quote:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
If I were you I would not mess with Windows 7 at all as one mistake could _cost_ you...

I am only guessing, but........

Testing by doing an unnecessary _repair_ could _lock_you_out_ requiring a minimum of a password of some description to carry on...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

4. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks... it was pre-installed with windows 8.0.. I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
XDestroyWindow(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						 XDestroyWindow(3)

NAME
XDestroyWindow, XDestroySubwindows - destroy windows SYNTAX
int XDestroyWindow(Display *display, Window w); int XDestroySubwindows(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XDestroyWindow function destroys the specified window as well as all of its subwindows and causes the X server to generate a DestroyNo- tify event for each window. The window should never be referenced again. If the window specified by the w argument is mapped, it is unmapped automatically. The ordering of the DestroyNotify events is such that for any given window being destroyed, DestroyNotify is gen- erated on any inferiors of the window before being generated on the window itself. The ordering among siblings and across subhierarchies is not otherwise constrained. If the window you specified is a root window, no windows are destroyed. Destroying a mapped window will generate Expose events on other windows that were obscured by the window being destroyed. XDestroyWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XDestroySubwindows function destroys all inferior windows of the specified window, in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate a DestroyNotify event for each window. If any mapped subwindows were actually destroyed, XDestroySubwindows causes the X server to generate Expose events on the specified window. This is much more efficient than deleting many windows one at a time because much of the work need be performed only once for all of the windows, rather than for each window. The subwindows should never be refer- enced again. XDestroySubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3), XConfigureWindow(3), XCreateWindow(3), XMapWindow(3), XRaiseWindow(3), XUnmapWindow(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XDestroyWindow(3)