Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory "parted" command not working in Fedora9 Post 302809169 by RudiC on Saturday 18th of May 2013 01:09:40 PM
Old 05-18-2013
1) Why don't you show the entire output of all relevant commands so we can compare and then, hopefully, conclude the reasons for any strange behaviour?
2) I think that all pen drives come "preformatted" as one large disk/partition, so you can "mount the complete disk". As soon as you interfere yourself with partition tools, you are responsible for the result, i.e. you have to partition the space (and create a file system) you want to access.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing only directories in the current working directory using the "ls" command

Hello All, I am trying to list only directories in my current directory using the command "ls -d". But the output only contains the default directory "." and doesn't list the rest of the directories in the working directory. Can anyone explain why this is happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running command "md5" on remote host not working.

My question is very strange. I can run ls command on remote host using ssh successfully. but when i try to run /sbin/md5 command on remote host. it doesnt run and get back to me on command prompt. md5 command is exist on remote host. This is what i tried which ran successfully. Query -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub option of awk command not working with "\" character.

Hi all, I would like to replace some string in a text file by some string which would contains special characters like "/","\". I.e. I have a text file with the statement contactperson somewhere in it. Now I want to replace it by something else which includes special characters like "/","\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shareef
1 Replies

4. Solaris

"smbclient" command not working

I've installed Samba on my Solaris 10 (SPARC) server # pkginfo |grep samba system SUNWsmbac samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS fileserver for UNIX (client) system SUNWsmbar samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS fileserver for UNIX (Root) system ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" command is not working in shell script

Hi All, I am not much strong in shell scripting... I am using sed command in my script to find and replace a string....... This is how script looks : ############# #!/usr/bin/ksh CONFIG_FILE=iom_test.txt FIND=`echo "NIS_FTP_SERVER1=123.456.iom.com"` REPLACE=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
DISKTAB(5)							File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab - disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disktab.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple date base which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. The format is patterned after the term- cap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:' separated fields. The first entry for each disk gives the names which are known for the disk, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry. Name Type Description ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk b0 str Filename of block zero primary bootstrap for device ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors se num Sector size in bytes (default 512) sf bool supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding so bool partition offsets in sectors ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) Disktab entries may be automatically generated with the diskpart program. FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
newfs(8), diskpart(8), getdiskbyname(3) BUGS
This file shouldn't exist, the information should be stored on each disk pack. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 17, 1986 DISKTAB(5)