Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for config file in home directory first?? Post 302808183 by Little on Thursday 16th of May 2013 04:55:52 AM
Old 05-16-2013
Code:
pgp --encrypt --text filename --user "pgp_user_id" --output filename.pgp

i used it like this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a file withoug leaving home directory!!

hello there ! I am in my current working directory, and i want search a file in "dev" directory which is under root(/), but i donot want leave my current working directory. is it possible to find file like that ? let us say i am in /home/bin/user/malik/abid directory and i want find a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the latest modified file name in /home directory?

I only know how to list all sub-directories or files in specified directory. I don't know how to order them by modified date, furthermore, I don't know how to get the top one file in the sorted list. Wish you can do me a favor. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename all file with blank in directory from home root , please help me

hi , :wall: I've in directory home user 3 file with blank space in name file, I would like erase the all character that no have alphanum more dot in namefile from home root , below the script. If I execute the shell script from directory where stay it's execute well done.But I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giankan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run this .java file from the home directory??

I wrote a simple test.java program in vi. I know it compiles correctly because I went into the directory where test.java was and compiled it and it created a java.class. I then ran test.java by staying in the same directory where it was and it worked great. However, when i backed out of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated file names with home directory symbol appearing in ls .

Why are there duplicated file names listed when I execute ls ? Result of my ls /root/Desktop : aaa ca new file~ what what~ Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
4 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
QCATOOL(1)						Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA)						QCATOOL(1)

NAME
qcatool - command line tool for the Qt Cryptographic Architecture DESCRIPTION
qcatool is a command line tool for performing various cryptographic operations with the Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA). qcatool can also be used for testing and debugging QCA. USAGE
qcatool has a range of options and commands. You only ever get to use one command, but you may use several, one or no options. OPTIONS
As noted above, these are all optional, and may be combined. --pass=PASSWORD Specify the password to use. This is probably a bad idea except for testing, because anyone can read the arguments to a command line application. --newpass=PASSWORD Specify the new password to use for password change with the key changepass and keybundle changepass commands. This is probably a bad idea except for testing, because anyone can read the arguments to a command line application. --nonroots=CERTIFICATES Specify additional certificates, not trusted, but which may be used in the trust path if appropriate trust can be established. --roots=CERTIFICATES Specify additional certificates which can be used as trusted (root) certificates. --nosys Disable use of the standard root certificates that are provided by the operating system. --noprompt Disable prompting for passwords/passphrases. If you do not provide the passphrase on the command line (with --pass or --newpass) this will cause qcatool to abort the command if a password/passphrase is required. --ordered If outputting certificate information fields (Distinguished Name and Subject Alternative Name), show them in same the order that they are present in the certificate rather than in a friendly sorted order. --debug Enable additional output to aid debugging. --log-file=FILENAME Log to the specified file. --log-level=LEVEL Log at the specified level. The log level can be between 0 (none) and 8 (most). --nobundle When S/MIME signing, do not bundle the signer's certificate chain inside the signature. This results in a smaller signature output, but requires the recipient to have all of the necessary certificates in order to verify it. COMMANDS
help, --help, -h Output usage (help) information. version, --version, -v Output version information. plugins List available plugins. Use the --debug option to get more information on plugins which are found and which ones actually loaded. config save [provider] Save provider configuration. Use this to have the provider's default configuration written to persistent storage, which you can then edit by hand. config edit [provider] Edit provider configuration. The changes are written to persistent storage. key make rsa|dsa [bits] Create a key pair key changepass [K] Add/change/remove passphrase of a key cert makereq [K] Create certificate request (CSR) cert makeself [K] Create self-signed certificate cert makereqadv [K] Advanced version of 'makereq' cert makeselfadv [K] Advanced version of 'makeself' cert validate [C] Validate certificate keybundle make [K] [C] Create a keybundle keybundle extract [X] Extract certificate(s) and key keybundle changepass [X] Change passphrase of a keybundle keystore list-stores List all available keystores keystore list [storeName] List content of a keystore keystore monitor Monitor for keystore availability keystore export [E] Export a keystore entry's content keystore exportref [E] Export a keystore entry reference keystore addkb [storeName] [cert.p12] Add a keybundle into a keystore keystore addpgp [storeName] [key.asc] Add a PGP key into a keystore keystore remove [E] Remove an object from a keystore show cert [C] Examine a certificate show req [req.pem] Examine a certificate request (CSR) show crl [crl.pem] Examine a certificate revocation list show kb [X] Examine a keybundle show pgp [P|S] Examine a PGP key message sign pgp|pgpdetach|smime [X|S] Sign a message message encrypt pgp|smime [C|P] Encrypt a message message signencrypt [S] [P] PGP sign & encrypt a message message verify pgp|smime Verify a message message decrypt pgp|smime ((X) ...) Decrypt a message (S/MIME needs X) message exportcerts Export certs from S/MIME message ARGUMENTS
The arguments to the commands are as follows. K = private key. C = certificate. X = key bundle. P = PGP public key. S = PGP secret key. E = generic entry. These must be identified by either a filename or a keystore reference ("store:obj"). AUTHOR
qcatool was written by Justin Karneges as part of QCA. This manual page was written by Brad Hards. qcatool 1.0.0 August 2007 QCATOOL(1)