Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find only files/directories with different permissions/owners Post 302805875 by zozoo on Saturday 11th of May 2013 03:35:52 PM
Old 05-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheian
I'll give that a try. Digging further, will this work for the chown?

find /usr/local/apache/htdocs \! -user apache -print0 | xargs -0 chown apache:apache

---------- Post updated at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:08 PM ----------

Getting an error on the command:

Code:
 find /usr/local/apache/htdocs \! -perm 644 -type f  -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644
chmod: missing operand after `644'

try this
Code:
find /usr/local/apache/htdocs \! -perm 644 -type f | xargs chmod 644

it worked for me in sloaris , which os are you using

Last edited by zozoo; 05-11-2013 at 04:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do i find files querying by permissions rights?

I'm running tikiwiki with some pretty big PHP scripts - somewhere one script has gotten uid 730 instead of 777. This invokes a PHP SAFE_MODE restriction, resulting in annoying error messages - sometimes in fatal errors. How do i perform a commandline search to find the file(s) with uid 730 i.e.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anarkim
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files based on permissions

Hi. I want to get a list of files, in a given folder, that aren't world readable (a+r). I've looked at the documentation on the FIND command, however I don't see how to list files by excluding permissions. find . -perm 644 -> would list only files that are 644 If I could use wildcards, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmilks
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

5. Linux

Default user:group permissions while creating files and directories

Hi, I am working on setup a environment where only a specific user can upload the builds on htdocs of apache. Now i want that a specific user can copy the builds on htdocs folder. I created a group "deploy" and assign user1 and user2 to this group. On Apache side i mentioned User=deploy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/script to list the owners of files

I have to list the files in a directory and along with that, list the owner of each of those files. Can someone please help me with a way to get this info please? Gayathri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

8. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Script execution is very slow when trying to find all files and their owners on HP-UX box

Hi, I have a HP-UX server were I need to list all the files in the entire file system, their directory path, last modified date, owner and group. I do not need to search the file contents. I created the script given below and I am excluding directories and files of type tmp, temp and log. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find comand directories permissions

Hi, In the code below, while the "xarsg" command does not search in "tavi_valo" subdir? IAB00201:UG02222:EXPL> ls -1|xargs -IXX find XX -name tv_va_servbonos 2>/dev/null UG02222/fuentes/TAVA/TAVA4E0000/backup/tv_va_servbonos... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Luis
2 Replies
logindevperm(4) 						   File Formats 						   logindevperm(4)

NAME
logindevperm, fbtab - login-based device permissions SYNOPSIS
/etc/logindevperm DESCRIPTION
The /etc/logindevperm file contains information that is used by login(1) and ttymon(1M) to change the owner, group, and permissions of devices upon logging into or out of a console device. By default, this file contains lines for the keyboard, mouse, audio, and frame buffer devices. The owner of the devices listed in /etc/logindevperm is set to the owner of the console by login(1). The group of the devices is set to the owner's group specified in /etc/passwd. The permissions are set as specified in /etc/logindevperm. Fields are separated by TAB and/or SPACE characters. Blank lines and comments can appear anywhere in the file; comments start with a hash- mark, ` # ', and continue to the end of the line. The first field specifies the name of a console device (for example, /dev/console). The second field specifies the permissions to which the devices in the device_list field (third field) will be set. These permissions must be expressed in octal format. For example, O774. A device_list is a colon-separated list of device names. Note that a device name must be a /dev link. A device entry that is a directory name and ends with "/*" specifies all entries in the directory (except "." and ".."). For example, "/dev/fbs/*" specifies all frame buffer devices. Once the devices are owned by the user, their permissions and ownership can be changed using chmod(1) and chown(1), as with any other user- owned file. Upon logout the owner and group of these devices will be reset by ttymon(1M) to owner root and root's group as specified in /etc/passwd (typically other). The permissions are set as specified in the /etc/logindevperm file. FILES
/etc/passwd File that contains user group information. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), chown(1), login(1), ttymon(1M), passwd(4) NOTES
/etc/logindevperm provides a superset of the functionality provided by /etc/fbtab in SunOS 4.x releases. SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2003 logindevperm(4)