Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script:split the values Post 302805443 by Mani_apr08 on Friday 10th of May 2013 05:34:16 AM
Old 05-10-2013
Thanks one again Akshay..... But i feel that will be little bit difficult to understand for me....

Any way i have noted that, if we can do the same in any different way( I meant any other comman)

Thanks,
Mani

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to split XML file

Hi, I'm experiencing difficulty in loading an XML file to an Oracle destination table.I keep running into a memory problem due to the large size of the file. I want to split the XML file into several smaller files based on the keyword(s)/tags : '' and '' and would like to use a Unix shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayflash27
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse/split input string and display the tokens

Hi, How do I parse/split lines (strings) read from a file and display the individual tokens in a shell script? Given that the length of individual lines is not constant and number of tokens in each line is also not constant. The input file could be as below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Split shell script

Hi all, Following is the shell script which I am using for splitting the contents from a flat file to the multiple XMLs. The problem is that this script is working file when the input file is having 10000 lines. When the number of lines increases; the performance degrades drastically. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amtrip
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SPLIT STRING in bash shell script

i need one help.... if i have a string like aaaaa,bbbbb,ccccc,aaaaa How to to split the string and check howmany times aaaaa will be in that string? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split line to multiple files Awk/Sed/Shell Script help

Hi, I need help to split lines from a file into multiple files. my input look like this: 13 23 45 45 6 7 33 44 55 66 7 13 34 5 6 7 87 45 7 8 8 9 13 44 55 66 77 8 44 66 88 99 6 I want to split every 3 lines from this file to be written to individual files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split files using shell script?

solid top facet normal 0 1 0 outer loop vertex 0 1 0 vertex 1 1 1 vertex 1 1 0 endloop endfacet facet normal 0 1 0 outer loop vertex 0 1 0 vertex 0 1 1 vertex 1 1 1 endloop endfacet endsolid top solid bottom facet normal 0 -1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass values to a script called from within another script in shell?

Need ideas on how to achieve the below. We have a script say "profile.sh" which internally calls another existing script called "name.sh" which prompts for the name and age of a person upon execution. When i run profile.sh how can i populate a pre-defined value from another file and pass that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to Split matrix file with delimiter into multiple files

I have a large semicolon delimited file with thousands of columns and many thousands of line. It looks like: ID1;ID2;ID3;ID4;A_1;B_1;C_1;A_2;B_2;C_2;A_3;B_3;C_3 AA;ax;ay;az;01;02;03;04;05;06;07;08;09 BB;bx;by;bz;03;05;33;44;15;26;27;08;09 I want to split this table in to multiple files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trymega
1 Replies
XltCheckArgSize(3X)													       XltCheckArgSize(3X)

NAME
XltCheckArgSize - Convenience macro for asserting that an ArgList is large enough. SYNOPSIS
#include <Xlt/Xlt.h> void XltCheckArgSize(a, n) Arg a[]; Cardinal n; DESCRIPTION
XltCheckArgSize simply asserts (using assert(3)) that a contains at least n elements. This macro will generally be used with arrays of Arg but it will work with any array (such as arrays of strings that you are about to pass to execvp(3) and execv(3)). If you've ever debugged a stack corruption because you said "Arg a[3]" when you meant "Arg a[4]", you'll understand why you want to use this macro. Note that the a parameter must be an array, a pointer will not work. RETURN VALUE
None but it may cause abort(3) to be called. SEE ALSO
XltGetValues(3X), XltSetValues(3X), assert(3). XltCheckArgSize(3X)