Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change default settings of nslookup Post 302804369 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 12:48:19 PM
Old 05-08-2013
A timeout option can be added in /etc/resolv.conf
but the syntax is OS-dependent.
Code:
man resolve.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SunSolaris-v5.9: Default Security Settings

I am working on SunSolaris- v5.9 and am trying to obtain default security settings (including password settings). Although in the AIX environment, to obtain default setting the following commands are used: /etc/security/user /etc/security/limits /etc/security/environ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I change locale settings?

I support a product which writes to log files and it's currently formatting the date in US format. I've established this is due to these settings: account1# locale -k d_fmt t_fmt d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" t_fmt="%H:%M:%S" If I log on with a different account the settings are different: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m223464
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change root's .profile settings

As a regular (non-root) user on Unix servers I'm accustomed to changing my .profile file to set paths that I frequently use, etc. I am trying to learn unix and set up a test server running SunOS 5.8. When I login as root I don't see a .profile file that belongs to root wherein I could change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

5. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

6. AIX

default settings of security password in AIX

Hi Guy's Just I want to know the default settings of security password in AIX there is some changes happened in my machine when I try to change my password I'm getting this message Changing password for "root" root's New password: a minimum of 1 elapsed week between changes.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

8. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Change user settings..

Hi, I have 48 cores in my server. I want to assign 50% of the cores to certain programs and rest to some other programms. I found the command "taskset" very good option to assign cpu afinity to already running programms or newly created programms. But the problem is even if i set a cron to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rantu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[All variants] Change settings

Hi, I have a big settings confg (file attached). There are a few separate tasks that I have to accomplish. All scripting/programming languages are appreciated. 1. I need to parse all values and output to stdout. Sample output (truncated): VALUEA 2017-01-01 Lores ipsum Lorem ipsum dolor sit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
11 Replies
unbound-checkconf(8)						  unbound 1.4.20					      unbound-checkconf(8)

NAME
unbound-checkconf - Check unbound configuration file for errors. SYNOPSIS
unbound-checkconf [-h] [-o option] [cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound-checkconf checks the configuration file for the unbound(8) DNS resolver for syntax and other errors. The config file syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -o option If given, after checking the config file the value of this option is printed to stdout. For "" (disabled) options an empty line is printed. cfgfile The config file to read with settings for unbound. It is checked. If omitted, the config file at the default location is checked. EXIT CODE
The unbound-checkconf program exits with status code 1 on error, 0 for a correct config file. FILES
/etc/unbound/unbound.conf unbound configuration file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound(8). NLnet Labs Mar 21, 2013 unbound-checkconf(8)