Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To run a job for every one hour and ... Post 302804051 by ramagore85 on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 03:09:22 AM
Old 05-08-2013
To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi,

Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir.

Please suggest me with the sample script.

Thanks !!

Reagrds,
Rama

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on the hour but only for 30mins

Hi All, I want to run a script on the hour during a 24 - hour period; easy enough cron will take care of that..however I want the script to only run for only 30mins.. so with the script it knows its 30mins are up so exits. any ideas? Any help, greatly appericated. Thanking you all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

2. AIX

unable to run at job

Hi All, I m not able to run at job with normal user on AIX system os version is 5300-05-06. I am able to run at job only with root user. When I try to run at job with any other user I am getting error: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. I checked at.deny file, it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkatkade
4 Replies

3. Web Development

every hour and 24hour mid night cron job

I have 2 pages writing in php, and i want cron job to run the first page 'every hour' and the second page every '24hours in other words mid night'. am using cPanel i put this code on a text file 0 * * * * /home/axe/public_html/admin/viewmemstat.php 1>/dev/null 2>&1 and on the 'Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to be run every one hour

How can we run shell script every one hour. Anyone having code unit for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour

Hi, I have a script written for monitoring the queue manager status continously. below is the script. QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` QMSTATUS=`dspmq | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` count=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run ping command every hour in backgrond

Hi, I have a VPN tunnel. It is going down occasionally. I need to run "/usr/sbin/ping 172.xx.xx.xx.xx" and it give mes output "172.xx.xx.xx is alive" and immediately after that VPN tunnel comes up. Till we find permanent solution, I want this command to run in background, like every one hour.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
ns_sched(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				      ns_sched(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_after, ns_cancel, ns_pause, ns_resume, ns_schedule_daily, ns_schedule_proc, ns_schedule_weekly, ns_unschedule_proc - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_after seconds {script | procname ?args?} ns_cancel id ns_pause id ns_resume id ns_schedule_daily ?-thread? ?-once? hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_proc ?-thread? ?-once? interval {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_weekly ?-thread? ?-once? day hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_unschedule_proc id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_after run the specified script or procedure after the specified number of seconds ns_after returns an id which can be used with the ns_pause, ns_cancel and ns_resume apis. ns_cancel stops the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if unscheduled 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be unscheduled ns_pause pauses the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if paused, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be paused ns_resume resumes the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if resumed, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be resumed ns_schedule_daily ns_schedule_daily runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a day at the time specified by hour and minute. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_daily returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_proc ns_schedule_proc runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) at an interval specified by interval. The interval is the number of seconds between runs of the script. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_proc returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_weekly ns_schedule_weekly runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a week on the day specified by day and the time speci- fied by hour and minute. The day can be from 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_weekly returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_unschedule_proc id ns_unschedule_proc stops a scheduled procedure from executing anymore. The scheduled procedure to be stopped is identified by its id, which was returned by the ns_schedule* function that was used to schedule the procedure. EXAMPLES
ns_after ns_cancel ns_pause ns_resume This example illustrates a web interface used to manage jobs. Depending on the action provided a job can be created, cancelled, paused or resumed. set action [ns_queryget action] set job [ns_queryget job] switch $action { create { set job [ns_after 10 [ns_queryget script]] ns_puts "Job created with id: $job" } cancel { if {[ns_cancel $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job cancelled" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not cancelled" } } pause { if {[ns_pause $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job paused" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not paused } } resume { if {[ns_resume $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job resumed" } else { ns_puts "Job $job couldn't be resumed" } } default { ns_puts "Invalid action $action" } } ns_schedule_daily This example defines a script called rolllog that uses ns_accesslog to roll the access log to a file with an extension containing the current date. The ns_schedule_daily function is used to execute the rolllog script on a daily basis. # Script to roll and rcp log file to host "grinder" proc rolllog {} { set suffix [ns_strftime "%y-%m-%d"] set new [ns_accesslog file].$suffix ns_accesslog roll $new exec rcp $new grinder:/logs/[file tail $new] } # Schedule "rolllog" to run at 3:30 am each morning ns_schedule_daily -thread 3 30 rolllog ns_schedule_proc proc dosomething blah { ns_log Notice "proc with arg '$blah'" } ns_schedule_proc 10 dosomething $arg1 SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
schedule pause resume unschedule cancel after AOLserver 4.0 ns_sched(3aolserver)