Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk reverse string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk reverse string Post 302803429 by yifangt on Monday 6th of May 2013 05:49:41 PM
Old 05-06-2013
Thanks Hanson and Jotne!
I was aware of the rev cmd, but I was trying to catch the awk part. Thanks anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string in reverse

Can we print any string in reverse order? For example: oracle 16294 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:00 ora_reco_crepd oracle 16276 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:19 ora_dbw0_crepd I need second last column from this output. (0:00 & 0:19). I can use awk print $2 after reversing the string. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse string manipulation

How to get the reverse parsing work. I have a strings like aqw-wef-324-err.log wefd-324r-err.log efrt-4rfr.log . . i want to have string upto last hypen. aqw-wef-324 wefd-324r ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell program to reverse the string

pls help me in getting that program (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PerL Reverse the string.

Hi, I am very new to perl. My question: How i can reverse the given string using substr function but without using reverse function in perl? Anybody please help. thanks, -Lalit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse a string based on else

I have a file like this: Dog Cat One ABCDEFGHIJ house Dog Cat Two ABCDEFGHIJ house Cat Cat One ABCDEFGHIJ house Cat Cat Two ABCDEFGHIJ house I want to look at $3 and if it says "Two" print out the line except reverse $4. Dog Cat One ABCDEFGHIJ house Dog Cat Two JIHGFEDCBA house ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
3 Replies

6. Programming

String reverse

Hi all, I jus wanna print string b after reversing it. but the out put is blank. My code snippet is below. :wall: int main() { char * a, * b; b = new char; a = new char; int len, le; le = 0; cout<< " enter your string \n"; cin>> a; len = strlen(a); for(int i =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetjoshi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse string matching

Guys, I am trying to find a way to achieve this. I need to print /usr/local/apche/htdocs only from the string /usr/local/apache/htdocs/file.php using the regex. The below did not work. I know a solution with normal cut, I need a way to do this with the awk regex. awk '/+file.php/' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reverse a string

Hi All, I would like to know , how to reverse a given string example : Hi how are you Required Output: you are how HiThanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut part of a string in reverse?

Hi, how to cut part of a string sing delimiter in reverse input file 1,2,st-pa-tr-01,2,3,4, 2,3,ff-ht-05,6,7,8 how can i obtain strings till st-pa-tr ff-ht i.e cutting the last part og string -01 and -05 Thanks & Regards Nivi edit by bakunin: changed thread title (typo) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivI
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)