Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem mounting SAMBA please help Post 302801457 by nokia3310 on Thursday 2nd of May 2013 04:00:54 AM
Old 05-02-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
What jumps to my eyes is the ip address in the mount command. To me it would mean that there's at least two routers and the WAN between your client and your server. That does not have to be an error, but it may make things difficult.
Do you see the server/port from your client?
Do you have an explanation for error codes -512 and -113?
its both server and client on same CentOS 6.4 system...not sure what those errors are as well

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting disk problem

i am using Interactive Unix 4.1.1 and i have a disk from a another unix machine which is Unix Slackware 2.1 i'm having problem mounting the disk. it gives me an error message, ??? is there any solution to this ??? it say the disk has invalid file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mharck29
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mounting

Hi people, I've made some search about it but i didn't find anything. I tried to mount my floppy, mount -t /dev/fd0 /mnt but it didn't work... it says : "Device not configured". Can you help me please??? And mounting my dos partiton... mount -t vfat /dev/hdc1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting problem.

Hi, I wanted to mount my windows folder under linux using samba server.. I just run this command : $mount -t smbfs -o fmask=666,ajay //16.100.225.179/Build_stage /mnt/share ajay is user name .. it prompted for password i have given that now i saw error message like 27893: session setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD mounting problem

I have a Sun9 server. When I put a CD into it, I keep getting: Server1{root}:$PWD=> mount: Permission denied mount: cannot mount /vol/dev/dsk/c0t6d0/roxio1 It mounts fine in my Sun8 boxes. What am I doing wrong? (I'm logged in as root). Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting problem

I have successfully installed redhat linux in my PC. But when i am trying to mount cdrom with the command "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cdrom" I am getting the following error "Unknown device /dev/sda1". Can anyone help me in this regard. cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Problem mounting harddisk

Hi all I am having a great deal of trouble mounting a harddisk on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop. Output from "fdisk -l": Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes 86 heads, 15 sectors/track, 969196 cylinders Units = cylinders of 1290 * 512 = 660480 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000001 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnymarkp
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Having problem with mounting in HPUX

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 system. I've been having some problem in mounting a filesystem that has been defined in /etc/fstab as shown below. fstab entries: /dev/vgsap/ora10264 /oracle/PRD/102_64 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2 /dev/vgsap/orasapreog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help mounting Samba shares

I have these two shares on my Ubuntu Server: path = /media/share read only = no guest ok = yes path = /var/www read only = noI want to mount them to the directories that I created on my Desktop called "shared" and "www" how do I do this? I ran the command: smbclient -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem mounting iscsi filesystem

Hi, I have a strange problem with iscsi. My vfstab entry looks like this: /dev/md/dsk/d100 /dev/md/rdsk/d100 /zones/ssapp0895v01 ufs 2 iscsi - After rebooting, the filesystem gets mounted with the option "nosetuid". I believe the default should be "suid" /zones/ssapp0895v01 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaro66
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a samba share

Hi, I need to mount a directory from a Windows server to a CentOS box. The Windows server used is Windows Server 2003, and the path to the directory that I want to mount on CentOS is C:\Tomcat6\webapps\NASApp\logs. I am not sure of the correct way to mount this on CentOS, as most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
VFS_CHECKEXP(9) 					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					   VFS_CHECKEXP(9)

NAME
VFS_CHECKEXP -- check if a file system is exported to a client SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int VFS_CHECKEXP(struct mount *mp, struct sockaddr *nam, int *exflagsp, struct ucred **credanonp); DESCRIPTION
The VFS_CHECKEXP() macro is used by the NFS server to check if a mount point is exported to a client. The arguments it expects are: mp The mount point to be checked. nam An mbuf containing the network address of the client. exflagsp Return parameter for the export flags for this client. credanonp Return parameter for the anonymous credentials for this client. The VFS_CHECKEXP() macro should be called on a file system's mount structure to determine if it is exported to a client whose address is con- tained in nam. It is generally called before VFS_FHTOVP(9) to validate that a client has access to the file system. The file system should call vfs_export_lookup(9) with the address of an appropriate netexport structure and the address of the client, nam, to verify that the client can access this file system. RETURN VALUES
The export flags and anonymous credentials specific to the client (returned by vfs_export_lookup(9)) will be returned in *exflagsp and *credanonp. SEE ALSO
VFS(9), VFS_FHTOVP(9), VOP_VPTOFH(9), vnode(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Alfred Perlstein. BSD
January 4, 2010 BSD