Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors Post 302801235 by hanson44 on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 03:22:08 PM
Old 05-01-2013
Quote:
cat $Full_file |sed "/$StaticIP/d" > tmpfile

Instead:

Code:
sed "/$StaticIP/d" $Full_file > tmpfile

^^^ doesn't work, i tried that first
Well, there must have been a typo when you tried it, or some other error. The cat $Full_file | is not needed, period.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting bash script to csh

Hi, I'm a beginner in scripting and I recently wrote a bash script that would've worked fine until I realized it needed to be written in csh. Could someone please show me how to correctly change the syntax from bash to csh in this script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting time with awk - BASH/Debian GNU Linux

I'm sure this is simple and I've been looking at examples for days on end but can't seem to come to grips with awk. What I have: mplayer -v dvd:// -identify -vo null -ao null -nolirc -nojoystick -frames 0 2>/dev/null >> /tmp/MplayerOut ChapterStart=($(grep CHAPTERS: /tmp/MplayerOut |sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickenbacherus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux bash script to sun solaris

Hi guys, I seek a solution for this action for Sun solaris. find /sapmnt/${up}/global -prune -printf "%m %M %u %g %p\n" > $DAT1 The Application/Utilities in Sun Solaris are to old and cant understand "-printf". An update for Application/Utilities is exist, but not possible to implement... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixibits
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris bash syntax different from Linux?

I have a script that's meant to check the disk usage on a particular volume and delete the oldest logfile if it's over a certain percentage. It runs fine on a Linux machine, but on a Solaris one, I get this error: diskspace_check.sh: syntax error at line 3: `diskspace=$' unexpected I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cara_k
2 Replies

5. Programming

Project ideas for GNU/Linux C and BASH development

Hello everyone... I'm trying to find an interesting project to work on for my master thesis. I like GNU/Linux C development and BASH scripting. Please give me any idea that flashes in your mind. I thank you in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonx
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Seek help on shell script syntax errors

I want to delete archivelog files that has been archived and applied from primary database to standby database. This piece of script is working in Linux server. However, I copy it to Unix server with tiny modification. It won't work and generate the error message. I have checked code carefullt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, bash problems migrating from Cray to GNU/Linux

So, I have a series of ASCII files, all named something like mrkxxxxz.tmp (say, mrk1001z.tmp, mrk1002z.tmp, mrk1003z.tmp,...) -- these are .tmp files created by a large simulation program, and each different .tmp file represents a different parameter space used in the simulation). The simulations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_canucl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting awk script from bash to csh

I have the following script set up and working properly in bash. It basically copies a set of lines which match "AS1100002" from one file and replaces the same lines in another file. awk -vN=AS1100002* 'NR==FNR { if($1 ~ N)K=$0; next } { if($1 in K) $0=K; print }' $datadir/file1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting macro to bash script

Gents, Please can you help me with this. When column 49 == 2 Before X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218 12271 69596.00 19460.00 19478.001 X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1228 12292 69596.00 19480.00 19480.001 After X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Need help to upgrade GNU bash in Solaris 10

Hi All, I want upgrade GNU bash in solaris 10. present bash is -bash-3.00$ and I downloaded new bash that is bash 4.4 (correct me if that is wrong). and my server is local zone, hosted on global zone. please help how can i proceed what is the process. I heard that need install first then it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harish4032
2 Replies
TMPFILE(3)								 1								TMPFILE(3)

tmpfile - Creates a temporary file

SYNOPSIS
resource tmpfile (void ) DESCRIPTION
Creates a temporary file with a unique name in read-write (w+) mode and returns a file handle . The file is automatically removed when closed (for example, by calling fclose(3), or when there are no remaining references to the file handle returned by tmpfile(3)), or when the script ends. For details, consult your system documentation on the tmpfile(3) function, as well as the stdio.h header file. RETURN VALUES
Returns a file handle, similar to the one returned by fopen(3), for the new file or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tmpfile(3) example <?php $temp = tmpfile(); fwrite($temp, "writing to tempfile"); fseek($temp, 0); echo fread($temp, 1024); fclose($temp); // this removes the file ?> The above example will output: writing to tempfile SEE ALSO
tempnam(3), sys_get_temp_dir(3). PHP Documentation Group TMPFILE(3)