Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller Post 302800689 by @dagio on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 09:11:40 AM
Old 04-30-2013
RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello,

I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has.
Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton?

I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i logged into the shell.I was wondering how can i perform the configuration via the CLI instead of GUI.

Aslo is that the correct iso or i need to download IBM ServeRAID Application CD

What's the difference between application and support CD?

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid control vs scsi for operating system

I was trying to get a server using a raid controller card up and running. I could not get the card configured right so i just installed the system strait onto a scsi drive. Questions? Is is nescessary to have the operating system on raid? Pros/Cons Is it really difficult to go back later... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. SCO

ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6

I am facing a problem to install sco 5.0.6 in Dell Power Edge SC1420 which raid controller is ultra 320 scsi raid controller . how/from where to download the ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6. Plz help with any idea karzon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karzon
1 Replies

3. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

RAID controller needed for SVM?

hi this may be a very stupid question, but im quite new to Solaris (gonna buid my first system, Solaris 10 on x86 system, connected to other windows systems in a home network) i wanna put a RAID 5 system in there to back up my other systems at home; iv read that its really so easy with SVM to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

linux server with raid controller card

I am planning on building a fedora box with raid controller (database server). Is anybody done that ? also what kind of software do you need to backup and recover data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amir07
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Problem with External Raid Controller.

Hi, We have a Sunfire 4150 with On-Board Internal Raid Controller connected to 4 X 146 GB SAS disks. This also has an External Raid Controller (Storagetek Eight-Port, External HBA Model SG-XPCIESAS-R-EXT-Z) connected to a JBOD array ( Storagetek XTA2530 ) which has 5 X 300 GB Hard disk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjansukumar
1 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. AIX

Internal PCI X RAID Controller issue ?

Hello folks, Could someone tell me why I unable to create pdisks for a RAID Array # lscfg | grep scsi + sisscsia0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter + scsi0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1-T10 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Separate HDD test using RAID controller

Hello, I am using Red Hat 2.6.23.1 with RAID 6 controller (card). (When I use "cat /proc/partitions" I do not see the separate HDDs in the RAID, I see one drive for the RAID itself, as it is considered 1 large drive.) I used a "dd" check to test my RAID drive speed and found it was a bit slow,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbugy
7 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OS 6 Driver for LSIL SAS1064E Raid Controller

Hi all, A client has an SCO OpenServer Server 6.0, that is running on an HP ProLiant Box and they lost the root password. Its equipped with a Doal-Core Intel Pentium Processor. They don't have any media or emergency disk anymore. I tried to boot with the CD Rom, then "Tools", then exit to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thm2222
7 Replies
raidreconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     raidreconf(8)

NAME
raidreconf - reconfigure RAID arrays SYNOPSIS
raidreconf -h {--help} - or - raidreconf -V {--version} - or - raidreconf -o oldraidtab -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? - or - raidreconf -i /dev/sd?? -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? - or - raidreconf -n newraidtab -m /dev/md? -e /dev/sd?? WARNING
You should back up all data BEFORE any attempt is made to reconfigure a RAID device. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. The author will give you no guarantee whatsoever, that this program works in any specific way at all. It may well destroy all data on any device connected directly, indirectly, or not at all, to any system this software is used on. Please use this stuff with care, if you decide to use it at all. Ok, that said, let's see how to actually use it :-) DESCRIPTION
raidreconf will read two raidtab files, an old one, and a new one. It will then re-build your old array to match the configuration for the new array, while retaining all data possible. It can also be used to import a single block-device into a RAID array (using more block devices), or export a RAID array to a single block- device. raidreconf can, of course, only retain your original data if you grow the configuration. If you shrink the configuration from say, P bytes to Q bytes, raidreconf will retain the first Q bytes of your original data, but everything from Q bytes to the end of the old array (to P bytes) will be lost. Currently raidreconf can grow and shrink RAID-0 and RAID-5 arrays, and import non-RAID devices into a new RAID-0 or RAID-5. The whole purpose of raidreconf is to be able to add disks to an existing array, or convert it to a new type (eg. RAID-0 to RAID-5) without losing data. raidreconf will move the existing data around on your array, to match the layout of the new array. OPTIONS
-h {--help} Raidreconf will print a short help message, and exit. -V {--verbose} Raidreconf will print it's version information, and exit. -o {--old} oldraidtab Specifies the path name of the old (current) raidtab. NOTE: raidreconf performs some tests to ensure that this configuration file matches the raid superblocks stored on the disk, but there may be scenarios where the two are in conflict, but aren't detected as such. Be very careful to specify this file properly. -n {--new} newraidtab Specifies the path name of the new raidtab. After raidreconf finishes, copy the newraidtab to the oldraidtab location, as raidreconf doesn't perform this (potentially dangerous) operation. -m {--mddev} /dev/md? Specifies the name of the raid array to modify. -i {--import} /dev/sd?? Specifies the name of the device to import from. -e {--export} /dev/sd?? Specifies the name of the device to export to. BUGS
Perhaps many. Well, the basic RAID-0 growth, shrink and import algorithms seem to work, but there are lots and lots of consistency checks and graceful error handling missing. The RAID-5 algorithms are simplistic, with little optimization other than that provided by the buffer layer. Conversions between non-RAID, RAID-0, and RAID-5 all *seem* to work, but there may be some bugs left yet. If an error occurs during reconfiguration, a power failure for example, restore from backup (you DID make a backup, right?), and try again. Although RAID-4 is not supported, and almost no one uses it, it would be almost trivial to add. REPORTING BUGS
Since this is highly experimental software, there are a number of known bugs already. The author would of course like to know about bugs, but at this stage in development you shouldn't waste too much of your time trying to hunt them down. They're probably known, and maybe already fixed in the author's tree. Report bugs to <bugs@oss.connex.com>. ????? AUTHOR
raidreconf was written in 1999 by Jakob Oestergaard <jakob@ostenfeld.dk> The RAID-5 routines were written by Daniel S. Cox in 2001 <dcox@connex.com> SEE ALSO
mkraid(8), raidtab(5), raidstart(8), raidhotadd(8), raidhotremove(8), raidstop(8) raidreconf(8)