Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script throws invalid char expression Post 302799529 by Jotne on Friday 26th of April 2013 04:28:38 PM
Old 04-26-2013
List what input data you have, how you output should be and how to get the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "Invalid char ' in expession" error

I have an HP PPM (ITG) application that is running an awk command in cygwin bash shell as part of ITG process moving SAP transports on a Windows 2003 server. The awk command checks the first two characters of a file containing return code that was retrieved from the SAP server. It is throwing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accsam1
3 Replies

2. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unterminated `s' command

I have read many threads, but I still didn't find the right answer. May be i didn't find the right thread, though are so many threads for the same question. Basically the situation is - find date in a file and replace it with another date. (its not homework, its part of lot of a big processing,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 2: extra characters after command

Greetings.. getting the error while execution of the script, correct where i am missing #!/bin/bash DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d:::%H:%M` HOSTNAME=`hostname` TXT="/log/temp.txt" LOGPATH="/log1/commanlogs/" IP=`/sbin/ifconfig | grep -i inet| head -n1| awk '{print $2}'| awk -F : '{print $2}'`... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju98458
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

7. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk throws makes too many open files

Hi, I have a below awk script. BEGIN { FS=","; } { system("curl -v -H \"Authorization: SSWS test" -H \"Accept: application/json\" -H \"Content-Type: application/json\" -X POST \"https://tes.test.com/api/v1/users?activate=false\" -d \'{ \"profile\": { \"firstName\": \"" $1 "... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
BP_SREFORMAT(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  BP_SREFORMAT(1p)

NAME
bpsreformat - convert sequence formats DESCRIPTION
This script uses the SeqIO system that allows conversion of sequence formats either sequence data or multiple sequence alignment data. The name comes from the fact that Sean Eddy's program sreformat (part of the HMMER pkg) already does this. Sean's program tries to guess the input formats while in our code we currently require your to specify what the input and output formats are and if the data is from a multiple sequence alignment or from straight sequence files. Usage: bpsreformat -if INFORMAT -of OUTFORMAT -i FILENAME -o output.FORMAT -h/--help Print this help -if/--informat Specify the input format -of/--outformat Specify the output format -i/--input Specify the input file name (to pass in data on STDIN use minus sign as filename) -o/--output Specify the output file name (to pass data out on STDOUT use minus sign as filename) --msa Specify this is multiple sequence alignment data --special Will pass on special parameters to the AlignIO/SeqIO object -- most of these are for Bio::AlignIO objects Comma separated list of the following nointerleaved -- for phylip,non-interleaved format idlinebreak -- for phylip, makes it molphy format percentages -- for clustalw, show % id per line perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_SREFORMAT(1p)