Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX Post 302797755 by hanson44 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 06:29:43 AM
Old 04-23-2013
What about sftp program?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need unix to unix file transfer

I am setting up a cron to do a daily transfer of some files from one unix server to another unix server. It seems that there are a few ways to go about this (kermit, scp, etc). What is the best way to transfere large files quickly between unix machines? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to transfer a file from unix to window machine

I want to ftp some of the unix files to my local PC through unix shell script. I want that script should be run from unix. when i tried by using scp, came to know that connection refused (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one server to another server in unix

Hi, Can anyone help me. I am a new user in unix. I want to transfer (ftp) a file from one unix server to another server. Kindly help me. more details: server 1 file_name a.lst path: :/temp server 2 path : /develp/temp Thanks, Raj, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP files from Unix to Window Server

I have a requirement, where in we need to SFTP files from the Unix box to the Windows server. Since we are putting files...Where would we place the public/private keys from the Unix servers?? Any default path as such??? How would the sftp happen from Unix to Windows...Please help... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies
XDestroyWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						      XDestroyWindow(3X11)

Name
       XDestroyWindow, XDestroySubwindows - destroy windows

Syntax
       XDestroyWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XDestroySubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function destroys the specified window as well as all of its subwindows and causes the X server to generate a event for each window.
       The window should never be referenced again.  If the window specified by the w argument is mapped, it is unmapped automatically.  The
       ordering of the events is such that for any given window being destroyed, is generated on any inferiors of the window before being gener-
       ated on the window itself.  The ordering among siblings and across subhierarchies is not otherwise constrained.	If the window you speci-
       fied is a root window, no windows are destroyed.  Destroying a mapped window will generate events on other windows that were obscured by
       the window being destroyed.

can generate a error.

The function destroys all inferior windows of the specified window, in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate a
       event for each window.  If any mapped subwindows were actually destroyed, causes the X server to generate events on the specified window.
       This is much more efficient than deleting many windows one at a time because much of the work need be performed only once for all of the
       windows, rather than for each window.  The subwindows should never be referenced again.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XRaiseWindow(3X11), XUnmapWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XDestroyWindow(3X11)