Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Joining broken lines with awk or perl Post 302797707 by hanson44 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 04:59:34 AM
Old 04-23-2013
Code:
$ cat sql.txt
PP3697HB @@@@0
<<<<<<Record has been deleted as per PP3697HB>>>>>>
FROM sys.xtab_ref rc,sys.xtab_sys f,sys.domp ur WHE
RE rc.milf = ur.milf  AND rc.molf = f.molf AND ur.dept = 'SWIT'AND ur
.department = 'IND' AND share = '2' AND ur.status = 'DONE' AND f.s
tatus = 'TRUE' AND rc.OPERATOR = '=' AND rc.VALUE = '261366'AND rc.r
unet IN (SELECT milf FROM sys.domp WHERE change = 'OVO' A
ND IND = 75);
PP3697HB @@@@1
<<<<<<Record has been deleted as per PP3697HC>>>>>>
FROM sys.xtab_ref rc,sys.xtab_sys f,sys.domp ur WHE
RE rc.milf = ur.milf  AND rc.molf = f.molf AND ur.dept = 'SWIT'AND ur
.department = 'IND' AND share = '2' AND ur.status = 'DONE' AND f.s
tatus = 'TRUE' AND rc.OPERATOR = '=' AND rc.VALUE = '261366'AND rc.r
unet IN (SELECT milf FROM sys.domp WHERE change = 'OVO' A
ND IND = 76);

Code:
$ sed -n '/^PP/ { p; n; p; n; :k N; /;$/ { s/\n//g; p; d; }; bk }' sql.txt
PP3697HB @@@@0
<<<<<<Record has been deleted as per PP3697HB>>>>>>
FROM sys.xtab_ref rc,sys.xtab_sys f,sys.domp ur WHERE rc.milf = ur.milf  AND rc.molf = f.molf AND ur.dept = 'SWIT'AND ur.department = 'IND' AND share = '2' AND ur.status = 'DONE' AND f.status = 'TRUE' AND rc.OPERATOR = '=' AND rc.VALUE = '261366'AND rc.runet IN (SELECT milf FROM sys.domp WHERE change = 'OVO' AND IND = 75);
PP3697HB @@@@1
<<<<<<Record has been deleted as per PP3697HC>>>>>>
FROM sys.xtab_ref rc,sys.xtab_sys f,sys.domp ur WHERE rc.milf = ur.milf  AND rc.molf = f.molf AND ur.dept = 'SWIT'AND ur.department = 'IND' AND share = '2' AND ur.status = 'DONE' AND f.status = 'TRUE' AND rc.OPERATOR = '=' AND rc.VALUE = '261366'AND rc.runet IN (SELECT milf FROM sys.domp WHERE change = 'OVO' AND IND = 76);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / shell - Fix broken lines and data

Gurus, I am struggling with a issue and thought I could use some of your expertise. Need Help with this I have a flat file that has millions of records 24|john|account ~ info |56| 25|kuo|account ~ journal |58| 27|kim|account ~ journal |59| 28|San|account ~ journal |60|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help joining lines

Hi All, I need the command to join 2 lines into one. I found lots of threads but none give me the sollution. Probably because unix scripting is one of my best features ;) I got a logfile where line 2 needs to be joined with line 1, lines 4 needs to be joined with line 3 etc If you need... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rene21976
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching lines using the date, and then joining the lines

Hi Guys, Was trying to attempt the below using awk and sed, have no luck so far, so any help would be appreciated. Current Text File: The first line has got an "\n", and the second line has got spaces/tabs then the word and "\n" TIME SERVER/CLIENT TEXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk joining lines

Hello, I'm trying to write a piece of code in awk, which should be able recognize by some regexps two lines and then join them together (maybe write them without \n would be enough, I don't know).. the thing is that every line in the file i'm working with starts with some number, for example: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: midin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in a text file using AWK or SED

Hi All I'm struggling a bit here :( I need a way of joining lines contained in a text file. I've seen numerous SED and AWK examples and none of them seem to be working for me. The text file has 4 lines: DELL1427 DOC 30189342 79 Now bear with me on this one as I'm actually... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining broken lines

I have a plain test file with a delimeter ''. In this file some lines are broken into two. The first part of these broken line will have 6 columns and the second part will have 4. These broken lines will be consicutive. I want to join the two consicutive lines which are having 6 fields and 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
8 Replies

7. Programming

Perl : joining alternate lines

Hi, I need to join every alternate line in a file for eg:input file $ cat abc abc def ghi jkloutput abc def ghi jklcode i wrote for this $ cat add_line.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $count=1; #my $line=undef; my @mem_line; my $i=0; my $x=0; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in different way

Hi all, I'm excited to the part of unix.com forum, and noob to it. I have an query, where I have an file and it contains data like this use thread when posting do no I was expecting the result as use thread thread when when posting posting do do no use thread when thread when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Nirmal
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining broken lines and removing empty lines

Hi - I have req to join broken lines and remove empty lines but should NOT be in one line. It has to be as is line by line. The challenge here is there is no end of line/start of line char. thanks in advance Source:- 2003-04-34024|04-10-2003|Claims|Claim|01-13-2003|Air Bag:Driver;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackceasar123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk joining multiple lines based on field count

Hi Folks, I have a file with fields as follows which has last field in multiple lines. I would like to combine a line which has three fields with single field line for as shown in expected output. Please help. INPUT hname01 windows appnamec1eda_p1, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)