Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting My script failed and can't fix it ? Post 302796581 by hanson44 on Friday 19th of April 2013 08:43:50 PM
Old 04-19-2013
What's the error message? What's the specific problem? And please send an example of the directory structure. Then the dears can help you. Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fix a problem in this script

z=9 i=0 h=02 min=55 while do cat /home/barmecha/test | grep $h:$min >> /home/barmecha/file1 min=`expr $min + 1` if ; then h=`expr $h + 1` fi i=`expr $i + 1` done i have a log file with time wise log in it, this script help me to pull out logs of the give time interval...but the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix this awk script?

i have a log file while looks like this ++ user_a blabla blabla nas_b blabla user_d this is a user_a junk line another junk line user_c nas_m blabla ++ basically most of the lines contain a "user" keywords, and the rest of the lines do not have "user" at all. So I have the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for failed processes

I want to write a script that log all the failed processes and start the same process. For that I have already write a script that gives all the PID #!/bin/ksh pid= `ps -ef |grep "ov" |grep -v "grep"| awk '{print $2}'` echo $pid if ; then echo "process is running" else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarabhi84
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script getting failed

Hi All, Below is my code , In the code below the "If" condition is getting failed. I dont know what is getting wrong here , may be i can not use may logical operator at once or something else OR brackets under If condition are to be organised . Please help!! if ($11 == "0" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unknown123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script failed while using -x

Hi, I have a Kshell script that is failed if i am using the -x option. $ cat ListOfFiles.lst \+DATA_DM01/pudwh/datafile/dw_billing_tts_1 \+DATA_DM01/pudwh/datafile/dw_billing_tts_2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fix script error (%%n)

Hi, I'm currently tinkering with a script that uses the for command to process all *.gif files in the current folder. I marked the spot where it exits out with an error by adding a "pause" The error message given is: convert.exe: unable to open image `%x': No such file or directory @... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help to fix awk script

Good morning, fellows. I would need to ask for your help in editing my awk script. Here is the original version: BEGIN { printf ("CRYST1 200.000 200.000 200.000 90.00 90.00 90.00 P 1 1\n") maxatoms=1000 natom=0 found_struct = 0 found_bond = 0 } { if( NF == 5 ) { foundff=0 natom++... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: snysmumrik
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix my IMDB Script

Hello, I am using IMDB bot file for my movie site.. But I get this message like this---Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or ${ (T_DOLLAR_OPEN_CURLY_BRACES) or {$ (T_CURLY_OPEN) in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg2013
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to fix Python path for some script/app?

Hello, i have: # python -V Python 2.7.6 But original for my CentOS is 2.3 or 2.4 my python folder: /root/python2.7.6 (inside are folders like lib, include, bin, share) I launched app iotop: # iotop -od 6 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/iotop", line 16, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fix script to get missing information

Gents, Can you please help me to fix the following script in order to get complete data as desired. I am missing some data in output. the complete input file is attached. The script I am using is awk '{\ status=substr($0,91,2)\ ind=substr($0,26,1);\ ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies
qmail-log(5)                                                    File Formats Manual                                                   qmail-log(5)

NAME
qmail-log - the qmail activity record DESCRIPTION
qmail-send prints a series of lines describing its activities. Each possible line is described below. STATUS
status: local l/L remote r/R ... qmail-send is waiting for l local deliveries and r remote deliveries. The concurrency limits are L and R. status: exiting qmail-send is done. FATAL PROBLEMS
alert: cannot start: ... qmail-send is unable to prepare itself for delivering messages; it is giving up. This normally indicates a serious configuration error, but it can be caused by a temporary lack of resources. alert: oh no! lost ... One of the other daemons has died. qmail-send will exit as soon as possible. SERIOUS PROBLEMS
alert: unable to append to bounce message... qmail-send is unable to record a permanent failure, usually because the disk is full. This is a very serious problem; qmail-send cannot proceed without recording the results. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: out of memory... qmail-send tried to allocate more memory and failed. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to opendir... qmail-send is having trouble reading a file list from disk, usually because the system's file descriptor table is full, but possibly because permissions are set incorrectly. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to switch back... qmail-send was sent SIGHUP, and it is unable to reenter the queue directory. This is a very serious problem; qmail-send cannot pro- ceed outside the queue directory. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to reread... qmail-send was sent SIGHUP, but it is unable to read the new controls. It will continue operating with the original controls. MESSAGES
new msg m qmail-send is going to preprocess a queued message. The message number, m, is its disk inode number. After a message is removed from the queue, its number can be reused immediately. info msg m: bytes b from <s> qp q uid u Message m contains b bytes; its envelope sender is s; it was queued by a user with user ID u. q is a long-term queue identifier, the process ID of the qmail-queue that queued the message. bounce msg m qp q Message m had some delivery failures. The long-term queue identifier of the bounce (or double-bounce) message is q. triple bounce: discarding ... Message m had some delivery failures, but it is already a double-bounce message, so it must be thrown away. Triple-bounce messages do not exist. end msg m qmail-send is about to remove message m from the queue. DELIVERIES
starting delivery d: msg m to ... qmail-send is telling qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn to deliver message m to one recipient. The delivery number, d, starts at 1 and increases by 1 for each new delivery. delivery d: success: ... Delivery d was successful. delivery d: failure: ... Delivery d failed permanently. The message will bounce. delivery d: deferral: ... Delivery d failed temporarily. This recipient will be retried later. delivery d: report mangled, will defer There is a serious bug in qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn. This recipient will be retried later. WARNINGS
internal error: delivery report out of range qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn has supplied a report on a nonexistent delivery. This is a serious bug. qmail-clean unable to clean up ... For some reason qmail-clean is unable to remove the indicated file. It will try again later. trouble fsyncing ... qmail-send was unable to write to disk the results of preprocessing a queued message. It will try again later. trouble in select There is an operating system bug. trouble injecting bounce message... qmail-send was unable to queue a bounce message, usually because the disk is full. It will try again later. trouble marking ... qmail-send was unable to record the result of a successful or permanently unsuccessful delivery. This means that the delivery will be tried again later. trouble opening ... qmail-send was unable to open the list of local or remote recipients for a message. It will try again later. trouble reading ... Either qmail-send is unable to read a recipient list, or it is unable to read the envelope of a queued message, or it is out of mem- ory. Whatever it was doing, it will try again later. trouble writing to ... qmail-send was unable to preprocess a queued message, usually because the disk is full. It will try again later. unable to create ... qmail-send was unable to preprocess a queued message, usually because the disk is out of inodes. It will try again later. unable to open ... qmail-send is unable to read the envelope of a queued message for preprocessing. It will try again later. unable to start qmail-queue... qmail-send is unable to queue a bounce message, usually because the machine is almost out of memory. It will try again later. This can also be caused by incorrect settings of $QMAILQUEUE or errors in a program or script which $QMAILQUEUE points to. unable to stat ... qmail-send is unable to obtain information about a file that should exist. It will try again later. unable to unlink ... qmail-send is unable to remove a file. It will try again later. unable to utime ... qmail-send is about to exit, and it is unable to record on disk the next scheduled delivery time for a message. The message will be retried as soon as qmail-send is restarted. unknown record type in ... There is a serious bug in either qmail-queue or qmail-send. SEE ALSO
qmail-send(8) qmail-log(5)