Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get the File name of perl executable in Linux Post 302796199 by kar_333 on Friday 19th of April 2013 03:48:34 AM
Old 04-19-2013
Get the File name of perl executable in Linux

Hi All,

I just want to know how to get the executable name of the perl script as i know "$0" will give me the script name but i want to know the executable name which i got it from the script using pp command.

Regards
Raj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux PHP Executable Output Issue with IE

I have developed a PHP web page that executes a batch file and pipes the output to a file. It works fine when using Firefox, Safari, etc. However, when using IE, it does not work. $execute = `batch.bat $var1 $var2 | tee /batch.output`; print "<pre>$execute</pre>"; When the page is run in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dleblanc67
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : find perl executable binary

Hi I have an oracle perl script running as cron job across multiple unix servers. The issue is the perl binary is found in multiple directories I use in the start of the script ... #!/usr/bin/perl on some servers the script fails because /usr/bin/perl is not present. Is there a way i can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

4. Linux

Size of the Library/Executable is high in LINUX

HI All, We have a 32bit Gui application created using C++. We ported the application from Solaris to Linux. Issue we are facing is the size of the library and executable is very large in LINUX compared to Solaris. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 is the Linux version we using. Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanushchacko
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to open an executable and pass the user credentials

Is it possible to open an executable file and pass user credentials through the perl script. If yes Please do share the CPAN module names and the way to access the executable file. For eg. I want to open the IBM LOTUS Sametime through my perl code and pass the user credentials like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] About commands for linux executable files

I have seen commands like this: (hello is the executable file or maybe script file) ./hello hello .hello So, anyone could tell me the differences among these commands? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icyfight
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a perl script executable

Hello, I have a perl program called snp_hwe.pl I have another program called hwe_test.run which contains the following: for file in *.inp do cp $file genotype_counts_c.txt ./snp_hwe.exe > $file'.res' done I want to change my perl program to an executable program while changing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the executable file formats in Solaris and Linux?

we all knew that .exe files are the executable file formats in windows....... Similarly, what are the executable file formats in solaris and linux ........ please tell me:D Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a .exe file executable in Linux?

Dear all, I download a .exe file in my current folder called: ukbmd5.exe. I was told to run the command below: ukbmd5 ukb25278.enc to verify the integrity of the files that you have downloaded and the program ukbmd5 has been made available to assist with decrpying ukb25278.enc. while when I run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forevertl
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)