Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Simple FTP Script Here Syntax Post 302794661 by gdotoli on Tuesday 16th of April 2013 11:51:05 AM
Old 04-16-2013
What is the here function?

Thank you for your help, but if you don't know what here is, you can't be
of help. I think it may not be such a challange for another.

Thank you.
Gregg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script to ftp?

Hi all has anyone got a code snippet of how i can ftp a file automatically by running a simple bash script. I have 4 things IP address xx.xxx.xx.xx username=satnam domain = app.sample.ftp password= satnam_password Im not sure how to pull these all together to ftp a file? any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - switching user syntax

Running the following shell script, #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x swdofile=/opt/SWDO_IN1V01P001_1.csv USER='myusername' PASSWD='mypassword' HOST='myhostname' ftp -n $HOST << SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD su - BRA -c put $swdofile quit SCRIPT exit 0 but not managing to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveaasmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

5. Programming

Tools for writing a simple syntax checker?

I'm trying to write a small utility for syntax checking. I've tried using Flex/Bison, but these seem too advanced for my task. A simpler tool would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User ID syntax to FTP to Windows

Hello, I have searched the forums and may not be putting in the right keywords, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to help... It's been awhile since I've ftp'd to a Windows server, but no matter how I try to connect, it will not let me, although I have no issues setting up a connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help syntax to restore partition from ftp

Hi, I found info on the internet to backup a partition to ftp. But I am unable to properly format the syntax to restore the partition. This is being done from a ssh logged in session to a server booted with a liveCD. backup: dd if=/dev/sda5 bs=2048 conv=noerror,sync | lftp -u user,passwd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chang-li
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax in a simple script

I am in the process of writing a script. A very preliminary version is giving a syntax error. The script is #!/bin/bash #file1='./data/heu/hout1' exec 10<&0 exec < './data/heu/hout1' #file1='./data/heu/hout1- i=1 j=0 while read file1 do echo $file1 echo $i if then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
3 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)