Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Handling multiple argument in shell script Post 302794431 by Preeti_17 on Tuesday 16th of April 2013 03:06:43 AM
Old 04-16-2013
Help with Handling multiple argument in shell script

Hi i have written a shell script that takes only single ip address from the user and calculates its latency and reliability, can you please tell me that what should be done if i want that user should enter 100 or 1000 ip address

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

signal handling in shell script

Hi can any please tell me is it possible to catch the signal in a shell script like we do in C. if yes please give me some idea or a link. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script $0 argument

Hi, If not running a shell script file in current shell (. ./fileName) then $0 represents the executable file name. But in case of invoking shell script file in current shell then i m getting "$0 as -bash" . In such case how can i get the program name (running shell script file name)? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: painulyarun
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script file handling

Hi ! /bin/sh set logdir1 "logDir/local/logname" #write the filename into a file echo $logdir1 >> logname.txt how do i exec the above echo command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gen. Question - Script calls multiple programs - Return Code Handling?

General Question: If a script calls multiple external programs (external to the script, but still on unix), where do the return codes go? Let's say one of external programs fails, does the entire script fail and send a non-zero return code to the job scheduling software, or is the return code sent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling values with space while passing commandline argument from wrapper script in KSH

Hi there, I have a wapper script which passes the argument from command prompt to inner script.. It works fine as long as the argument containing single word. But when value contains multiple word with space, not working as expected. I tried my best, couldn't find the reason. Gurus, pls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kans
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of argument passed to the script

I want to make a script which takes the number of argument, add those argument and gives output to the user, but I am not getting through... Script that i am using is below : #!/bin/bash sum=0 for i in $@ do sum=$sum+$1 echo $sum shift done I am executing the script as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script handling processes

Hello I have a file which has around 120 lines of commands. I am trying to write a shell script like which reads the 'command' file and executes line by line with some additional (common argument) with maximum 6 commands active at a time. Each of these commands when executed takes time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyShane_36
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue handling single quoted argument in shell script.

Below is my script that works fine and prints the desired output: #!/bin/ksh echo "$1" | while IFS= read -r dirpath do echo "DIRR_PATH:$dirpath" install_dir=$install_dir" "$dirpath done echo "Desired Output:$install_dir" Output: ./loopissue.sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
ib_rdma_lat(1)							   User Commands						    ib_rdma_lat(1)

NAME
ib_rdma_lat - RDM latency test SYNOPSIS
ib_rdma_lat [ options ] [ server IP address ] DESCRIPTION
This program tests the latency of RMDA write transactions. OPTIONS
-p, --port=<port> listen on/connect to port <port> (default: 18515) -d, --ib-dev=<dev> use IB device <dev> (default: first device found) -i, --ib-port=<port> use port <port> of IB device (default: 1) -s, --size=<size> size of message to exchange (default: 65536) -t, --tx-depth=<dep> size of tx queue (default 100) -n, --iters=<iters> number of exchanges (at least 2, default: 1000) -I, --inline_size=<size> max size of message to be sent in inline mode (default 400) -C, --report-cycles report times in cpu cycle units (default microseconds) -H, --report-histogram print out all results (default print summary only) -U, --report-unsorted (implies -H) print out unsorted results (default sorted) -c, --cma use the RDMA CMA to setup the RDMA connection -V, --version display version number AUTHOR
Guy Coates < gmpc@sanger.ac.uk > perftest February 20, 2008 ib_rdma_lat(1)